Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Adding users to Everyone group in WF 8.1.0.5

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Adding users to Everyone group in WF 8.1.0.5
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,

Trying to add a user to the "Everyone" group under Security Center, but the group has a padlock icon and I'm getting a "1305" error. Is this because I am missing an administrative level permission? I notice the group is empty, shouldn't all users in the system be added to this group?

Error Code.....IBFS: 1305
Subsystem......IBFS
Asynchronous...false
Public.........true
URI............https://xxx.edu/ibi_apps/WFServlet.ibfs

Parameters:
IBFS1_action: addUserToGroup
IBFS_groupName: IBFS:/SSYS/GROUPS/EVERYONE
IBFS_userName: IBFS:/SSYS/USERS/xxx
INTERNAL_PARENT_ID: IBFS:/SSYS/GROUPS/EVERYONE
IBIVAL_returnmode: XMLENFORCE
IBIWF_SES_AUTH_TOKEN: xxx

AJAX Return Document:

Thanks in advance for assisting.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8.1.0.5

Guru
posted Hide Post
I don't think you have to add them to "everyone" - they automatically get added when you add the user record itself. Check your 'everyone' group and see if the new user is already there.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux

Posts: 258 | Location: Palm Coast, FL | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the folder is empty.

We are migrating from 7.X to 8.1.0.5 and have used a utility called the "Bulk Load tool" provided by IBI. The users are all in a "bulkload" folder in the environment due to the migration from the tool, but when we try to place them into the Everyone folder, I receive the error I put up in the OP.

Also, when I view a users permissions it doesn't show them inheriting anything from /Everyone.

WebFOCUS 8.1.0.5

Master
posted Hide Post
Everyone is a protected IBI group, it cannot be modified or changed, at least that is what I was told.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks jgelona,

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Initially, it WAS working, but then when we used this IBI bulkload tool, we have no one in there.

Perhaps we need to open a support ticket with IBI concerning their utility?

WebFOCUS 8.1.0.5

Master
posted Hide Post
What do you mean by "WAS working"? What make you think it isn't working?

We've never had any users listed in the Everyone group.

Like I said, IBI told me Everyone is a protected group, it cannot be changed, modified, inherited from, etc. You are better off pretending it isn't there. If you need your own "Everyone" group you'll have to create one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jgelona,

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
What is "Bulk Load tool"? Which file under utilities?

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Posts: 406 | Location: India | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
bulkload tool

Rifaz,

Is this what you are looking for within Data Migrator?

Setting Flow Properties

This link will take you to the WebFOCUS 8105 "Working in the Data Management Console" section of the Data Migrator User's Guide.

Take care and have a nice day,
Tamra Colangelo
IBI Technical Support
1-800-736-6130

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post