Focal Point
[SHARING] Signing Off

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8337014496

September 18, 2020, 08:10 AM
Tony A
[SHARING] Signing Off
Today sees my last day working for IB and, potentially, my departure from the WebFOCUS world.

To those I have had the great fortune to meet, it has been a pleasure and I wish you good luck in your future.

To those I have not met, keep making those connections and build upon them.

To those with the knowledge, remember that once, we too, were considered newbies and needed the help of those with more experience. We may not have known how best to ask the question of our peers, but we managed to get where we are today.

To those seeking that knowledge, remember that the good people here do this out of the kindness of their hearts. Maybe remembering the help they were given in past times, maybe because trying to help sometimes assists in building their own knowledge. Either way, try and also help yourselves - no-one likes to see a request (or demand?) for assistance from someone who obviously has not even done any basic research themselves Wink

Very best regards

Anthony

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
September 18, 2020, 10:51 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Tony

You will be greatly missed, I have so appreciated all you have contributed. I wish you the best in your next adventure!

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
September 18, 2020, 11:26 AM
Pku
Hi Tony,

I just wan to say thank you to you. I've learned a lot from your posts.

Best wishes,
Pku
September 18, 2020, 12:22 PM
Tony A
Thanks Chuck, it is not my wish to leave but a result of the times in which we find ourselves Frowner

@ Pku, I am glad to have found the posts useful Smiler
September 18, 2020, 04:32 PM
David Briars
Tony,

Numbers tell the story. Your post shows that you have had 5,693 posts on FocalPoint. That is an amazing generous contribution to the WebFOCUS community of developers.

Words tell the story too. Your announcement post with messages to those with knowledge and those seeking knowledge, remind me that we are a little of each, and sometimes both on the same day! :-)

Good luck with your next venture; I envy the next firm you belong to, and forum you contribute to.

Dave
September 20, 2020, 05:54 PM
Waz
Hi Tony,

A sad day for IBI.

You certainly put the concept of Focalpoint into perspective for the oldies and newbies, should be its mantra.

I will miss the feeling of excitement when you reply to a post to see what suggestions you make in Focalpoint.

Hoping you will continue to check out the forum and perhaps from time to time, add some perspective to a post.

Good luck in your future endeavours, where ever you end up, they are lucky ones.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

September 21, 2020, 07:43 AM
Tony A
Dave and Waz,

Thank you for your kind words.

I, too, will miss the forum as it moves (at some point?) to it's new platform. Without having a Tech Support login, I am unlikely to be party to the new forum and therefore have the ability to visit.

@ Waz, you are one of those people that I regret that I never had the opportunity to meet.

@ Dave, I am sure that we've met at Summit a few times but I am terrible with names Frowner so please forgive me if my memory is wrong.

I've had the pleasure of meeting many wonderful people at Summit, both staffers and customers, and feel richly rewarded as a result.

One memory of a Summit that I have (2009 I think, prior to becoming an IB employee), is an encounter in the elevator. Back then, the FP attendees had the tendency to add screen names to ID badges. A focal point member entered the lift and spotted my badge. A smile arose on her face and, as she came towards me, I sensed that a hug might be the result. However, she spotted a lady who may well have been my wife (as a fact that lady was my Wife Smiler ) and the potential hug turned into a strong handshake accompanied by copious thanks for helping her over the years.

This I have always enjoyed helping others who might be in need of a helping hand and have always believed that it's not "knowledge is power" but "shared knowledge is greater power to all".

There is a slim possibility of me setting up as an independent contractor again, so maybe Adieu for now.

Keep safe and well everyone.

Anthony
September 21, 2020, 09:13 AM
Joel Elscott
Best of luck in the future Anthony! You'll be greatly missed.

WebFOCUS 8.2.03
z/OS
September 22, 2020, 11:43 AM
Brandon Andrathy
best of luck to you Tony. thanks for all your contributions

WebFOCUS 8204
September 22, 2020, 02:09 PM
MathematicalRob
Tony! Thanks so much for all your contributions here; Focal Point has been an invaluable resource for me, and your posts have been a great help.

- Rob

WebFocus 8201m on Windows; App Studio 8201; Procedures: WebFocus with SQL; HTML Parameter Pages & Dashboard; Output: Excel, HTML, & PDF.
September 23, 2020, 09:53 AM
Maran
Tony!!! Thanks for all your help in this forum!!! All the best.

-Maran

WebFOCUS 8201m
Windows,AppStudio, DevStudio,All Outputs