Focal Point
[SOLVED] AppStudio Dialog Popups Hidden

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8337097396

July 01, 2020, 05:07 PM
Jay Ervin
[SOLVED] AppStudio Dialog Popups Hidden
Hello,

I'm having an issue where I typically work on a dual-monitor setup, but have to be on one currently. On two, I experience no issues. On one, whenever I try to open a popup dialog (Save As, Open, New Data Source), the App Studio screen locks as though a popup appeared, but there is none. Hitting ESC seems to close out the hidden popup and continue using the app.

Seeing as when I close and reopen App Studio, the App Directory that I was last using is still open... I'm lead to believe there is a saved setting somewhere telling the popups to open on the now non-existent second screen.

Has anybody experienced this? Any advice to resolve? We are on 8.2.

Thanks!
Jay

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.1/8.2, Windows 10/Server 2012
July 02, 2020, 08:31 AM
jnc
Hello Jay,

I have seen this. Dual monitor problems with AS have been reported for years, but never fixed. Sometimes support seems more interested in a workaround than fixing.

Someone should open a case, get this reported, then post the case number so we can all attach a secondary case to this issue and have it fixed.

I see this the most with the save as menu.

WebFocus 7x, 8x, Win / Linux, any output format
July 03, 2020, 10:36 AM
Jay Ervin
Thank you for the reply!

I found a workaround in the meantime, in that it is only an issue if I leave AppStudio on my secondary monitor before unplugging. So for now, I leave it on my primary monitor, and I don't seem to have the issue.

I'll look into opening a case as well, and let you know how that plays out.

Thanks!
Jay

WebFOCUS 8.1/8.2, Windows 10/Server 2012
July 03, 2020, 11:29 AM
Les J
I've also had it happen before and my only solution was to uninstall/re-install App Studio.

WebFOCUS 8

Windows, All Outputs