Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Do not print when subtotal LT 15000

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Do not print when subtotal LT 15000
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
How do you control printing based upon the value of the subtotal....?

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
MODEL
BODYTYPE
DEALER_COST
RETAIL_COST
SALES
BY CAR
BY COUNTRY
WHERE COUNTRY EQ 'W GERMANY'
ON CAR SUBTOTAL SALES
END

Total for Audi is 7800
Total for BMW is 80390

I want only BMW to print ...... ?

Thanks

Posts: 132 | Location: Kansas | Registered: November 12, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
ON CAR SUBTOTAL SALES WHEN SALES GE 15000;

Posts: 135 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: March 23, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I gave it a try but it still printed detail for both AUDI and BMW and then the subtotal for BMW. Which makes since.... I told it to print and then only print the subtotal when the subtotal is greater than.....

What I really want is AUDI not to print at all - no detail and no subtotal.....

thanks for the info .... I'll use it to try a few other things.....

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ends up a two part process - Unless someone else offers an easier way...

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
MODEL
BODYTYPE
DEALER_COST
RETAIL_COST
SALES
BY CAR
BY COUNTRY
WHERE SALES GT 15000
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLDCAR
END
TABLE FILE HOLDCAR
PRINT
MODEL
BODYTYPE
DEALER_COST
RETAIL_COST
SALES
BY CAR
BY COUNTRY
ON CAR SUBTOTAL
END

Thanks

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Does this give what you want?
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
MODEL
BODYTYPE
DEALER_COST
RETAIL_COST
SALES
BY CAR
BY COUNTRY
ON CAR SUBTOTAL SALES
WHERE TOTAL SALES GT 15000
END

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I believe this is what you are looking for. Since you are looking to view detail (PRINT) but would like to eliminate based on total (SUM) sales, you need to do a multiverb request.

DEFINE FILE CAR
NEWSALES/D12.2=SALES;
END
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM NEWSALES NOPRINT
BY CAR
BY COUNTRY
PRINT
MODEL
BODYTYPE
DEALER_COST
RETAIL_COST
SALES
BY CAR
BY COUNTRY
WHERE TOTAL NEWSALES GE 15000
ON CAR SUBTOTAL SALES
END

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Just to elaborate on the code I posted, the reDEFINE of sales is necessary because FOCUS always picks the most detail (right most) version of a field if it appears more than once. Since sales would appear in the SUM statement and the PRINT statement, the TOTAL test would be applied to sales from the PRINT statement which doesn't give you what you are looking for. Hence the need to differentiate between the aggregated sales (newsales) and the individual values of sales. Then the WHERE TOTAL test is applied to NEWSALES.

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Try the following

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
MODEL
BODYTYPE
DEALER_COST
RETAIL_COST
SALES
COMPUTE ACCCSALES/D12.2=IF COUNTRY EQ LAST COUNTRY AND CAR EQ LAST CAR THEN SALES+LAST SALES ELSE SALES; NOPRINT
BY CAR
BY COUNTRY
ON CAR SUBTOTAL SALES WHEN ACCCSALES GT 10000;
END

Report This Post