Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
EDA no/data
 Login/Join

<jgalm>
posted
Hi,
We are having a problem with one of our reports at the minute. We are getting the error "No HTML OUTPUT! EDA no/data". This error will occur on one machine but not on another (on the other machine the report will run normally). I know that usually this means that there is no data for the report to display but it's the fact that it runs on one machine and not on another that is confusing me.

Another point is that we have mirror copy of the reports system on another server and we are having no problems with that at all. The report runs without a hitch.

Any thoughts or solutions you have folks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
J

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
are both machines accessing webfocus with the same userid? are these requests being made over the web browser, or by developer's studio? - some more specifics of the set up may help.

<jgalm>
posted
The problems seem to be specific to certain machines. I've logged into another machine and everything works fine and when another user logs into the problem machine they get the error. This is being run over a web browser. The development environment works fine.

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify - because i'm easily confused, sorry - Two users log in with their own unique ID's on the problem machine and get the error. The same two users log in with their own unique ID's on the good machine, and get no error. Each time running identical processes. --

If what I just stated is true, then, I'm stumped, if its not true, and I've miscontrued what you are saying, I apologize.

Expert
posted Hide Post
do you have -SET &ECHO = ALL ;
so that you can see what happens when each runs?
At least you'll know where the error hits.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Grzegorz>
posted
In such a strange case, there is one another method to try:
1. Ask all users to not run any reports for a while.
2. Turn on all traces (client, server, and web server)
3. Run the reports from the "good" machine and from the "wrong" one.
4. Look into the trace files to see what really happened to the report requests.

Report This Post
<jgalm>
posted
Hi Folks,
I added a -SET &ECHO=ALL to the file and it now works on both machines. Weird. I'm still not convinced that this will solve the problem permanantly but it works in the mean

Thanks for all the help everyone

Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I was having problems with 2 different reports displaying the EDA NO/DATA error. I joined this forum to find out why this happens. I added the -SET &ECHO=ALL to the report and then it generated correctly. I'm also using the web browser. Does anyone know WHY this occurs? It would appear to be a bug in WebFOCUS. I'm using version 4.3.

<monte2000>
posted
You get the EDA/NO DATA error message when there is no data retrieved to create the report with. If you feel there is data and the report should have been generated, contact Tech Support for assistance.

Report This Post