Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Remove line between HEADING and BODY

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Remove line between HEADING and BODY
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Do we have a way (SET command like DROPBLNKLINE) to remove that pesky line between HEADING and BODY?

Consider the following code
DEFINE FILE CAR
COL1/D12.2 = 123.45 ;
COL2/D12.2 = 234.56 ;
COL3/D12.2 = 345.67 ;
COL4/D12.2 = 456.78 ;
COL5/D12.2 = 567.89 ;
COL6/D12.2 = 678.90 ;
END
TABLE FILE CAR
HEADING
"Heading Line 1"
"Heading Line 2"
"Heading Line 3"
" "
"<+0> <+0>DC WTD<+0> <+0>Store Daily<+0> <+0>Store WTD"
PRINT COL1 AS 'Prior' COL2 AS 'Current' COL3 AS 'Prior' COL4 AS 'Current' COL5 AS 'Prior' COL6 AS 'Current' COL6 NOPRINT
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE SET PAGE OFF
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE RECOMPUTE AS 'Grand Totals:'
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
ON TABLE SET LINES 999999
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
UNITS=IN, SQUEEZE=ON, ORIENTATION=LANDSCAPE, TITLETEXT='Issue for Focal Point', WRAP=OFF,$
TYPE=REPORT, GRID=OFF, FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=8, SQUEEZE=ON, HEADALIGN=INTERNAL,$

TYPE=HEADING, FONT='ARIAL', SIZE=10, SQUEEZE=1.00,$
TYPE=HEADING, SIZE=10, STYLE=BOLD, COLSPAN=8,$
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, SIZE=12, STYLE=BOLD, COLSPAN=5,$
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=3, ITEM=1, STYLE=BOLD,  $
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=3, ITEM=2, SQUEEZE=3.00,$
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=3, ITEM=3, STYLE=BOLD,$
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=3, ITEM=4, SQUEEZE=3.00,$

TYPE=HEADING, LINE=5, STYLE=+UNDERLINE+BOLD, COLOR=BLUE,$
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=5, ITEM=1, WIDTH=1.5, BACKCOLOR=WHITE,$
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=5, ITEM=2, WIDTH=1.5, BACKCOLOR=RGB(200 200 200), JUSTIFY=CENTER, BORDER=LIGHT,$
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=5, ITEM=3, WIDTH=0.4, BACKCOLOR=WHITE,$
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=5, ITEM=4, WIDTH=1.5, BACKCOLOR=RGB(200 200 200), JUSTIFY=CENTER,$
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=5, ITEM=5, WIDTH=0.4, BACKCOLOR=WHITE,$
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=5, ITEM=6, WIDTH=1.5, BACKCOLOR=RGB(200 200 200), JUSTIFY=CENTER,$

TYPE=TITLE, FONT='TREBUCHET MS', STYLE=+BOLD-UNDERLINE, SIZE=9, BACKCOLOR=RGB(200 200 200), WIDTH=0.50,$
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N1, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=LIGHT, BORDER-RIGHT=LIGHT,$
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N2, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=LIGHT, BORDER-RIGHT=OFF,$
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N3, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=OFF, BORDER-RIGHT=LIGHT,$
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N4, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=LIGHT, BORDER-RIGHT=OFF,$
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N5, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=OFF, BORDER-RIGHT=LIGHT,$
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N6, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=LIGHT, BORDER-RIGHT=OFF,$
TYPE=TITLE, COLUMN=N7, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=OFF, BORDER-RIGHT=LIGHT,$

TYPE=DATA, WRAP=OFF, FONT='TREBUCHET MS', SIZE=9, WIDTH=0.750, BACKCOLOR=(WHITE RGB(200 200 200)),$
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N1, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=LIGHT, BORDER-RIGHT=LIGHT,$
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=LIGHT, BORDER-RIGHT=OFF,$
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N3, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=OFF, BORDER-RIGHT=LIGHT,$
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N4, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=LIGHT, BORDER-RIGHT=OFF,$
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N5, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=OFF, BORDER-RIGHT=LIGHT,$
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N6, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=LIGHT, BORDER-RIGHT=OFF,$
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N7, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=OFF, BORDER-RIGHT=LIGHT,$

TYPE=GRANDTOTAL, STYLE=BOLD, SIZE=9, BACKCOLOR=RGB(180 180 180), BORDER=LIGHT, $
TYPE=GRANDTOTAL, COLUMN=N1, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=LIGHT, BORDER-RIGHT=LIGHT, JUSTIFY=RIGHT,$
TYPE=GRANDTOTAL, COLUMN=N2, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=LIGHT, BORDER-RIGHT=OFF,$
TYPE=GRANDTOTAL, COLUMN=N3, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=OFF,   BORDER-RIGHT=LIGHT,$
TYPE=GRANDTOTAL, COLUMN=N4, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=LIGHT, BORDER-RIGHT=OFF,$
TYPE=GRANDTOTAL, COLUMN=N5, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=OFF,   BORDER-RIGHT=LIGHT,$
TYPE=GRANDTOTAL, COLUMN=N6, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=LIGHT, BORDER-RIGHT=OFF,$
TYPE=GRANDTOTAL, COLUMN=N7, BORDER-TOP=LIGHT, BORDER-BOTTOM=LIGHT, BORDER-LEFT=OFF,   BORDER-RIGHT=LIGHT,$
ENDSTYLE
END
1) Run this then VIEW Source.
2) Save it as test.html (or a name of you choice).
3) Access it from your browser.
4) Note the similarity (should be the same either way).
5) Search for ">Store WTD<" and delete the 4 lines, starting with the line 4TH line after that one [ ">TR<" ) and the following 3 lines [ to and including: ">/TR<" ). Refer to this image.
6) Save it and refresh it in the browser.

You should see a similar display. But, without that pesky line between HEADING and BODY.

Now, if that is the case: What needs to modifications need to the above code to make that happen within the fex?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Comment out HTMLCSS ON

-*ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *

That seems to work for me.

Thanks,
Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Posts: 285 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I share your frustration but this has been an on-going issue for ages.

The only way to remove that line (at least that I know of) is to get rid of any BORDER / GRID in your Style Sheet, which you may not want to do.

You may try then to use external CSS classes to get the borders back but I don't now if that would still remove the line and will definitely require more maintenance. In addition, output formats such as PDF would not be supported.

Finally, if HTML is the only output, some Javascript magic might help to get rid of that line ...

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
which you may not want to do.

Ain't that the truth...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Sorry, NG: Then I don't have any borders...
quote:
-*ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
I need those borders..

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I recently experimented with this, came up with the prototype below. Discovered that if LINES is greater than 998 then space is added above the heading.
 APP PATH IBISAMP
 SET LINES=998
 SET PAGE=NOLEAD
 SET HTMLCSS=ON
 TABLE FILE SYSCOLUM
 "TABLE=<TBNAME"
 PRINT NAME COLNO USAGE ACTUAL TITLE COLTYPE LENGTH SCALE NULLS
       KEYSEQ FOREIGNKEY INDEXED XTLEN HELPMESSAGE REMARKS LONGDESC
 BY COLNO NOPRINT
 BY TBNAME NOPRINT
 WHERE TBNAME EQ 'GGSALES'
 ON TABLE SET STYLE *
 type=report, pagecolor=rgb(235 235 240), color=rgb(66 70 73), font=arial, size=9, grid=off, $
 type=heading, style=bold, size=12, justify=left, $
 type=title, backcolor=rgb(102 102 102), color=rgb(255 255 255), style=-underline+bold, $
 type=data, backcolor=(rgb(255 255 255) rgb(235 235 240)), $
 END

WebFOCUS 8.2.06

Posts: 210 | Location: Sterling Heights, Michigan | Registered: October 19, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
dbeagan, this is interesting! I was wondering why I had space above the heading in v7.7.03 with LINES = 999999. I don't recall this occurring in 7.6 versions.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I see your point and I like it (as weird, and undocumented?) as it is).

However, I want the line between the HEADING and BODY to be removed, as you example does, without losing my border lines. Add "type=DATA, BORDER=LIGHT,$" to your code and see how the borders show up, as required, BUT, that pesky extra line comes back between the HEADING and BODY (Not Acceptable).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

Expert
posted Hide Post
Doug, this is an age-old problem.

In 2009, Guru Mickey suggests using a table heading (ON TABLE SUBHEAD) instead of a regular heading, though that will print the heading on only the first page.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post