Focal Point
Tab control issue

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8357019816

April 12, 2012, 04:27 AM
MrM
Tab control issue
On the first tab we have an application showing CAR and COUNTRY order by CAR, we can change the order by using a drilldown on COUNTRY.
Now we want to keep the sorting order of CAR so we can use this in an application on tab 2.
I have tried to HOLD the CAR order by running a second application that stores the information in a hold file and than read/print this
hold file on tab 2 but at this time it is not available any more.
Does anyone have a solution for this issue.
April 13, 2012, 07:38 AM
Anatess
Hi MrM,

I'm not quite sure how you're creating your tabs. Does each tab run a separate report? I guess what I don't understand is why you can't just run the same CAR, COUNTRY, order by CAR report on the 2nd tab...

But, in any case, temporary HOLD files gets written to the agent which gets overwritten by new report requests running on that agent unless you specifically state you want these files held somewhere else by using APP HOLD command.

Regards,
Anatess

WF 8.1.05 Windows
April 13, 2012, 12:34 PM
MrM
Hi Anatess

Let me rephrase the example.
It is a tab control web application.
Report1 displays the top ten CARs base on RETAIL_COST.
Report2 displays the top ten CARs base on DEALER_COST.
Report1 will automatical start under Tab1 and report2 under Tab2.
We can changed the order in report1 base on COUNTRY, now we need to store the new top ten listed CARs so report2 can be restarted with the stored top ten CARs.
Can this be done using APP HOLD command.

Regards,
Mark