Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [NOT RESOLVED YET] BIP: Upon loading, always showing second tab - just for my User ID

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[NOT RESOLVED YET] BIP: Upon loading, always showing second tab - just for my User ID
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
I have a BIP, and every time I visit it, I am directed to the second tab.

This apparently is only happening to my User ID - it is not a general situation.

When I "Edit" the page, the "Portal Design Mode" editor displays the first tab.

What to do? I've cleared the cache.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you open the Portal with your user ID, click the first tab and close it. What would happen next time?

I believe BIP likes to "remember" what each user did last and tries to send them there next time they open a Portal.

If that doesn't work, you may want to right-click the Portal and "Remove Customizations" ... it might help.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe BIP likes to "remember" what each user did

It has a very bad memory as I've done this about twenty times.

I'll try the "Remove Customizations" route, but what's the point of Customizations (sic) if we have to remove them to make something work?

Thanks a bunch.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
IIRC the "Remove Customizations" does the trick, as njsden pointed. I was also puzzled as to why this works this way...

WebFOCUS App Studio 8103
Windows7
All outputs

Posts: 58 | Location: London, UK | Registered: May 09, 2011Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Well, what Customizations (sic) will be removed?

Francis

Gold member
posted Hide Post
It will remove everything you have done with portal when you are not on the design mode. For example added some "Infoapps" or rearraged some panels or something like that.

But also as far as I know there is no such option to turn off the logic that BIP portal would not remember the last page you went. As I know some other customers in our country publish portal related news on front page and they also would like that users are re-directed to first page.

Release: WebFOCUS 8104, AppStudio: 8105
Output: HTML,Excel,Active Reports

Expert
posted Hide Post
The annoying thing is that it's a tab that I've definitely clicked on, but it is definitely not the last tab I was on.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
What if I do not want to "Remove Customizations" (sic)?

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
This is all based on security. From my understanding it's based on role.

Not sure what role your userid is assigned to, but if you open Security Center, and select Roles, double check the role you have been assigned to.

There is a BIP option called "Save Portal Customization". I have a portal where I force all basic users to go the the second tab on portal open. I have the above option unchecked.

Take a look in there, maybe that might help or get you in the right direction.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05

Expert
posted Hide Post
Matt, thanks for the info, but I do not want to "Remove Customizations" (sic). And, I actually do not have any.

All I want is for the portal page to load showing the first tab.

Cheers,

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hey Francis,

Did you ever get a resolution to this? I've got the same problem going here.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux

Posts: 258 | Location: Palm Coast, FL | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Mike in DeLand (Florida?), this usual occurs in two scenarios.

1. You edit the portal, and you have it on Page 2, when you save it. This causes Page 2 to be the home page, no matter what.

2. It's the last page you went to and you have customization turned on for the user. Remove customization, clear local cache, sign out, try again.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Guru
posted Hide Post
Gavin,

Thanks very much. I was fiddling around with it yesterday and it seems to do exactly what you said.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux

Posts: 258 | Location: Palm Coast, FL | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post