Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Why I can't see all apps in MRE when using I.A. ?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Why I can't see all apps in MRE when using I.A. ?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Maybe because I am to close to my vacation peiods that I can't get all the apps I did in MRE when building a document with Info Assist. In Insert menu I click Existing Report and the window is giving me only 2 fex but I have a dozen eggs euh...euh... a dozen fex in the stdRpt/Sales/... Why?

Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Marikaki,

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

Posts: 96 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: January 20, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
My first guess is thast its looking at the reporting server and not MRE

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I think you're right but I will have to look deeper tomorrow because the 1st time I have added the sales app(EDA) and I thought that was causing the problem. I started over and I had the only 2 fex...

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

Posts: 96 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: January 20, 2010Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Any good ideas to identify the problem?

I repeat: When Info Assist opens I selected the master table, then I select Build a document. Then, in the insert menu, I click Existing report. I'm using sales apps and in this folder there 12 apps but the windows shows me only 2 of them. It couldn't be a folder from reporting server because the 2 fex don't exists in it.

Thanks.

Marikaki

Expert
posted Hide Post
Right-Click the MRE reports, select Properties, and, select "Show on User's List"...

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Tom.

Only 3 of them were checked as "do not show on user's list". I unselected them. I get back to IA and it was worse than the last shot because there is only 1 fex now in the list...

I am afraid that it might be something ridiculous...

Marikaki

Expert
posted Hide Post
Go to DevStudio --> Managed Reporting --> User Management --> Your Folder --> User Reports --> The Folder your Fex's are in --> Custom Reports.

Right-Click the Fex(s), Select Properties and Click on "Share Report"...

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Tom, there is no one fex of mine in the user's reports/custom reports.

Does Info Assist show fex built by Info Assist only?

Thanks for your cooperation.

Marikaki

Expert
posted Hide Post
Marikaki,

You only see "other" reports when they are shared by the owner:
InfoAssist Example

Tom Flynn
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Maybe I didn't express the problem correctly.

The actual I_A report document I am trying to create will include some MRE Standard Reports already created from the Sales folder. I don't beleive that those reports will appear in the user's reports/my folder/Custom reports. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If so, maybe all reports should be created by I_A?

[IMG]F:\BI\focal point I_A.1 MRE Std Rpts.PNG[/IMG]
[IMG]F:\BI\Focal Point I_A User's reports.PNG[/IMG]

Marikaki

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Last night I opened a case at IBI tech support.
Alan Mark told me "This is a current limitation in InfoAssist and has been updated for WebFOCUS 8".

Then I will close this post.
Thank you for all your help.

Marikaki