Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED]Be able to pass parms selected from page to page within RDF templetes

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED]Be able to pass parms selected from page to page within RDF templetes
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
We are using the RDF templates that IBI created. In a portal I have 3 pages all of them are using the same Parms. In the filter-content/container filter section there are 4 filters, then on the secondary-filter-content/Container section there are 3 more filters.

Need to be able to select one or multiple filters on a page run it then select a diferent page on the portal and have those filters selected on the privious page selected and ran as a default.

I was hoping that I would be able to use:

parent.BipIframeInterface.setAllAmpersValues(name, IbComposer_getAllAmpersValues());

parent.BipIframeInterface.refresh(parent.BipIframeInterface.REFRESH_ALL_BUT_SELF , name, null, parent.BipIframeInterface.AMPERS_PAGE_ONLY);

but this logic did not work. I also tried the array and list the different panels which also did not work.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

dksib
DC Tech Services Inc
WF 8.2.1M

Posts: 117 | Location: US | Registered: February 09, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I'm not 100% sure I understand your issue, but here are a few things to try.

1. Not sure where your filters sit, but they should sit within a Banner, which allows them to work across pages and never go away from page to page.
2. If that isn't an option you can use session variables. &&MYVAR instead of &MYVAR. This is only available to the each of the end users at the time of their session.

Note: In 8.2, they added the ability to pass variables from page to page. Doesn't exist for prior versions.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
GavinL- the Banner option is not an option.

The global var could be an option if I am able to display the selected items in their respective double list box, listbox and checkbox. In each of the pages, panels and frames.

dksib
DC Tech Services Inc
WF 8.2.1M

Posts: 117 | Location: US | Registered: February 09, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
RDF

May I suggest including the non-acronym in your post - this will help improve search results for future generations.

Also, I have no clue what RDF is. Could it be "Refuse-Derived Fuel" or "Robotech Defense Force" or "Robust Dependent Fault" or "Rainy Day Fund "... Big Grin

Thank you,

Francis.

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,

R-esponsive D-esign F-ramework. lol on your attempts.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Francis Mariani:

Also, I have no clue what RDF is. Could it be "Refuse-Derived Fuel" or "Robotech Defense Force" or "Robust Dependent Fault" or "Rainy Day Fund "... Big Grin

I vote for "Robotech Defense Force" Wink

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
IBI provided some users with early versions of their responsive design framework (RDF) back a while ago. I've seen 2 versions floating around. These are ultimately fully implemented in and as of version 8.2.

I think David wants his parameter selections to pass from one page to the next in his portal or dashboard. I think Gavin had a good idea with global variables, but then you'd still need to build out logic for the various controls to update each other regardless of the page they live on. Not sure you want to dive into that fun fest here.

I vaguely remember them adding a Js function dubbed something like navigateToPage() and some other one that possibly did this. May dig around at some point to see. The functions reside in a file called something like bipinterface.js or something of that nature.

Looking forward to 8.2 myself.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post