Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] open child window from launch form in MRE

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] open child window from launch form in MRE
 Login/Join

posted
We are trying to utilize a popup window from a launch page so that selections can be made from list boxes (in MRE environment). My test is really simple. Parent opens child window with window.open().... Child later updates parent with the opener(). I created a child like "test.html". I can't seem to open this .html as a child in the MRE environment. Any direction will be greatly appreciated!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
wINDOWS
aLL

Posts: 17 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: April 29, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Is there a particular reason why you are doing this differently then that which is readily available and easily maintainable from within WebFOCUS? The norm would be to use the list / combo boxes for user selections. This is easily available via the HTML Layout Painter. Inquiring minds would like to know. Thanks...

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Probably because HTML Layout Painter is too limiting for some people (like me).

The problem probably has to do with the location of the html file and the URL you're using to call that file. I don't think the URL for the pop-up window can address a file in an MRE domain - the file should be located in an Application folder (outside MRE) and the URL should address this file something like this: window.open("/approot/appname/filename.html", "winName",vFeatures);

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, as to why differently. We have some fairly complex forms that take a lot of screen realestate. We are looking for ways to avoid our users having to scroll in order to complete a form of parameters. We have utilized a wizard approach.

Thanks for the idea Frances Mariani, I will give this a try!

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
wINDOWS
aLL

Posts: 17 | Location: Des Moines, Iowa | Registered: April 29, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Also look at using modal forms from your launch pages. By doing this your users will have to make a choice to enable return to the parent form.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Another idea is to use html div tags and hide/show them in the same html page.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Another good suggestion. Thanks for the creative ideas. th..

WebFOCUS 7.6.8
wINDOWS
aLL