Focal Point
Graph Sort By

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8371008331

October 13, 2004, 09:16 PM
<Lou Dufresne>
Graph Sort By
I have a Bar Graph with Customer_Name on the X Axis and Dollars spent on the Y1 axis. The graph displays the data fine but I need it to display the data from the highest Dollar spent to the lowest so that the highest bar is on the left and the lowest bar is on the right.
In the graph the Across field is "Customer_Name". The data in the table si sorted properly but when it is displayed it resorts the data by "Customer Name"

Any ideas how to sort the Graph data from Hightes value in the first bar to lowest data in the last bar. Confused
October 15, 2004, 05:38 PM
Stan
Probably too much of a rigged solution for you , but I do this by creating a saved file which takes the customer names and orders them by highest sales...I create a define that formats this file that I'm creating so that it will look like this;
'Bob' AND 'Craig' AND 'Julie' AND 'Tamar', etc. That is all that is in the file and it is in order by highest sales.

When I write the graph I then I include a phrase along the lines of
SUM SALES
ACROSS CUSTOMER COLUMNS
-INCLUDE <whatever file you named with the customers in it>

This essentially orders the file in the order you requested. Works fine for graphs when you are doing like a top 20, or top 50...but I've never tried this with a huge graph where you might have thousands...just fyi.

Stan
October 18, 2004, 01:01 PM
pruittlr
Stan, I'd be interested to see your code that creates the saved file. If you don't mind, email it to me at pruittlr@oge.com. I have a graph that needs a similar solution. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Raelene
October 18, 2004, 05:28 PM
Stan
Sent it to you this morning...Hope you got it.

Stan Murray
(By the way...an Oklahoma State Cowboy to the end!)