Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     WebMAINTAIN procedures run outside a MNT app

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
WebMAINTAIN procedures run outside a MNT app
 Login/Join

posted
I currently have an upload system that uses REXX to handle the upload and core FOCUS running MODIFYs to handle the data. We are moving to WebFOCUS 7.6.1 (soon 7.6.2) on Linux where I lose both. I have gone though all the documentation I can find to find an alternative by using WebMAINTAIN and have been unsuccessful in those searches.

A solution I had in mind is to use PHP/JAVA or some other language to kick off a FEX to pull a data set to be manipulated for page generation and also later be able to kick off a FEX that processes a MODIFY/MAINTAIN update with new data. I have been told you can run a procedure from an HTML form but this doesn't help me as I need it done within a script so I can also deal with the file upload process at the same time. Anyone have any thoughts on how I can run this? I've found nothing in the documentation to point me in a direction.

If you have a solution that will work within the WebMAINTAIN forms that would work too as long and I can handle my file upload functions.

Any ideas on languages and processes used would be appreciated.

ENV = WF 7.6.1 on Linux using FOCUS dbases

Master
posted Hide Post
Keith
I was thinking about this over the week-end. There has got to be some kind of COPYFILE function that can be kicked off from either Java, JavaScript or ActiveX. All of those things can be used and called from a Maintain form and you can pass parameters to all of them.

If you can find the code to do it, I'll be happy to help you pass the parameters.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Using a maintain forms, or plain browser, to upload data from PC to server, the issue I had is browser security, in that the user has to choose the file to be uploaded, there is no automatic way to populate the input for the file name. (If you think about it you would not want a web site being able to pick up files automatically from your PC).

There are plenty of ASP/PHP scripts available via google. I use ASP to upload the file from either a separate window, frame or iframe with an input type of "file" (which brings a browse button in with it). Scripts cannot populate this input nor can it be given a value, the user can type in a file name or browse for a file. On completion of the upload a procedure is kicked off from the browser to load the data. I've done this in a maintain, but also without, using the browser to start an ajax or other process to load the data.

I've heard that IB have something, not sure what or when, that will allow file uploads, that may also be worth investigating.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post