Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Excel Drill down does not create correct hyperlink anymore

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Excel Drill down does not create correct hyperlink anymore
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I used to be able to create a fex with excel drill down to another excel drilldown just be having

TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N2,
FOCEXEC=app/drillrpt,
in the style sheet.

That is not working anymore for some reason (yet it does on some older fex created prior to today)
I got it to work by added the following code:

SET FOCEXURL = http://SERVER/ibi_apps/WFServlet

TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N2,
FOCEXEC=app/drillrpt.fex(IBIF_webapp='/ibi_apps' IBIC_server='EDASERVE' IBIWF_msgviewer='OFF' IBIAPP_app='fad_irf_target' IBIMR_drill='X,fadomain/fadomain.htm' IBIMR_random=RAND),

But I don't know why this started happening - I don't want to do it this way.

I found out that the hyperlink was not being created but a filelink was

file:///c:\ibi_apps/WFServlet%3fIBIF_webapp=\ibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&IBIWF_msgviewer=OFF&&IBIMR_drill=X,fadomain/fadomain.htm&IBIF_ex=app\j2&CLICKED_ON=&

the hyperlink used to start with http://SERVER

Any clues what happened? (I'm on version 7.63)

Webfocus 7.6.4
Windows 2003 Server, SQL Server 2005
Excel, HTML , JavaScript ,and PDF.
Reportcaster, BID, Tomcat

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What version of excel?

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
jammer -
I ran into the exact same issue a few months back. A mouse-over the drilldown link was displaying something like C:\.... and not the (servername\...) needed for drilldown.

The culprit turned out to be another Excel related product that was just installed. In my case it was the "SAS add-on for MS-Excel". It is a quick tool to let users get to SAS from within an excel spreadsheet, by adding a SAS option on the GUI menu across the top. Uninstalling this product restored my drill-down links.

Did you have any such s/w installed on your PC recently ? In some places, the network admins actually "push" some s/w to PCs without the user knowing about. Check it out.

Hope that helps.
Sandeep Mamidenna

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS
WF.76-10 on (WS2003 + WebSphere) / EDA on z/OS + DB2 + MS-SQL
MRE, BID, Dev. Studio, Self-Service apps & a dash of fun !! Music

Posts: 218 | Location: Jackson, MS | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
EXCEL 2003

Webfocus 7.6.4

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Sandeep

Not that I know of but it is a development server so anything is possible.

We did create a new dev server which we set up to access dev studio on the network - not sure if that could have done something.

How did you fix things?

Webfocus 7.6.4

Guru
posted Hide Post
Jammer,

Is the spreadsheet opening in the browser or in Excel?

I've seen this behaviour when the spreadsheet has opened in Excel application itself rather than the browser add-in or when the spreadsheet has been saved and reopened.

Regards

Stuart

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Stuart,

I think you are onto something.

On one server I get the filelink (file///) the other a hyperlink (http://) Both open in excel 2003.

I do notice the server where it works the name of spreadsheet is WFServlet ,but the server that is not working has a random name xbwjj[1].xht

Does this have something to do with redirection? Do you you know what is causing this?

Thanks
John

Webfocus 7.6.4