Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE-OPENED] HTML Style Sheet Formatting

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE-OPENED] HTML Style Sheet Formatting
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have found the information on how to create your own style sheet and it is all the standard WF commands TOPMAGIN=0.5 ...., which I understand.

When our Web Application calls my WF fex, my commands affects the style for the entire web page. I think I need to pass in HTML code that will only affect my report.

What I want to do is make the height of the lines taller. If I use TOPGAP and BOTTOMGAP, all other text on the web page also reflect my changes. Is there any way to have it only affect the fields in the subhead in my WF report?

What further complicates the situation is that all of my fields are in a SUBHEAD.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 118 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: January 16, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Do you have ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON in your request?
If not, put it in, if so, take it out. It might make a lot of difference.
How do you create the output? Is it with PCHOLD FORMAT HTML or HTMTABLE or ...
It may even be that your output is stored in an intermediate file (such as HOLD FORMAT HTML) and incorporated in a -HTMLFORM. Do you use a CSS page? Or just WebFOCUS styling? You could also put the output on a page (or iframe) of its own - that way the styling is all just for the request and nothing gets distorted by it.

As you see, there are many ways to create a report output.
You can play around with these ways of creating the result set and see which one fits best.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I had this command and with it commented out, not effect.
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON

My output:
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML

I tried this, which is the style sheet for our web application, with no benefit.
TYPE=REPORT, CSSURL=http://dev-web01.prismdev.int/app_themes/default2009/default.css,$

I think using an intermediate file or iframe sounds very promising but I know next to nothing about this. Any links or instructions would be extremely helpful.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Normally, when you want styling to affect the SUBHEAD only, you specify SUBHEAD in the WF style sheet:

TYPE=SUBHEAD, ...

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, TOPGAP and BOTTOMGAP are at the report level, not SUBHEAD.

Expert
posted Hide Post
This shouldn'e be so difficult to do, with CSS you can control almost every part of an HTML page.

The CSS can be embedded in the HTML page or linked to an external file.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
RETAIL
SALES
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT
BY CAR
BY MODEL

ON COUNTRY SUBHEAD
"COUNTRY: <COUNTRY"
HEADING
"WEBFOCUS REPORT"
ON TABLE SET PAGE NOLEAD

ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT, SQUEEZE=ON, CLASS=REPORT, $
TYPE=SUBHEAD, CLASS=SUBHEADING, $
ENDSTYLE

ON TABLE HOLD AS H001 FORMAT HTMTABLE
END
-RUN

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>TEST REPORT</TITLE>
<STYLE TYPE="TEXT/CSS">
BODY { FONT-FAMILY: VERDANA, SANS-SERIF; FONT-SIZE: 11PX; }
TD { FONT-SIZE: 11PX; }
.REPORT {  PADDING-TOP: 5PX;  PADDING-BOTTOM: 5PX;}
.SUBHEADING { COLOR: NAVY; FONT:WEIGHT: BOLD; PADDING-TOP:20PX; PADDING-BOTTOM: 20PX; }
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<TABLE>
<TR><TD>TESTING</TD></TR>
</TABLE>
!IBI.FIL.H001;
</BODY>
</HTML>

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Because the style sheet commands affect the our web application pages, I am working with Barry Solomon (IBI) to resolve the problem. I opened a case. Thanks for your suggestions.