Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [WORKAROUND] BYTOC Excel - Report Caster burst problem

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[WORKAROUND] BYTOC Excel - Report Caster burst problem
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Not sure if anyone else has had this problem.

I have a sales report that I hold to an Excel workbook using ON TABLE 'BYTOC 1' (salesperson name). If I run it using Report Caster without bursting it generates to the Excel workbook just fine the worksheets have the proper tabs by salesperson and proper information for the salesperson in it.

If I run the exact same report using Report Caster and burst it by salesperson it generates an email for each salesperson and attaches a worksheet indicating it is for that salesperson. However for the first salesperson the attached worksheet is blank. For the second salesperson the attached worksheet indicates it is for the second salesperson but contains the information for the first salesperson and so on. The information for the last salesperson is missing.

I've check the Distribution list and it only contains the names for the salespeople who are in the report. I've checked the raw data and there is no blank or strange salespeople within it.

I'm very confused as to why this would happen. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Glenn C.,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)

Master
posted Hide Post
I assume your first BY field is the salesperson. If there is only one sheet per salesperson hold it as a worksheet not a workbook. Then ON TABLE HOLD AS xyz BYTOC

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What PCHOLD FORMAT are you using?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Just to update this a little further I changed the output for the BYTOC and burst to be PDF instead of EXL2K and the bursting report worked just fine attaching the right salesperson report to the right salesperson email.
This means it appears to have something to do with the bursting using EXL2K. Using EXL07 does not allow for bursting in our version.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Does your version have FORMAT XLSX? That works in 8105.

If XLSX isn't an option one workaround might be to set BYTOC only when you're running it live and turn it off when you're running it in Scheduler.
-SET &BYTOC=IF &FOCFOCEXEC='RCASTER' THEN '' ELSE 'BYTOC';

TABLE FILE car
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K  &BYTOC
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BabakNYC,

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
There are other ways around this:

http://forums.informationbuild...227096086#6227096086

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input.
I decided to modify the report and create separate schedules passing in the Salesperson name as a parameter to generate the individual reports for each.
Will continue to see If I can figure out the reason EXL2K and PDF bursting are acting differently but needed to get the reports generating.

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Just as some additional information, I remember seeing this as well when we were on 7.7.03 and the output was EXL2K.
When using the report Caster you don't need the BYTOC command to burst the report and it will simply burst on the first BY field.
Commenting out the BYTOC command fixed ours for us when we had the problem.

WF 81.5, Windows7
AS/400 Database.
All Outputs