Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Need Column title and subtotal, but not row detail

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Need Column title and subtotal, but not row detail
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am trying to colapse a report so that all I see is the column title at the top, with only a named subtotal line under it. I do not want to see the data that the subtotal is made out of.

If I make it NOPRINT, I do not get the column title. When I NOPRINT both the discription and the $ fields, the report does not display at all.

Is there something I'm missing or not doing correctly?

Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Kevin

Expert
posted Hide Post
Could you post a sample of what you want? It sounds like you just want to do a SUM and a BY. I'm not sure why you need the subtotal.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
How about using a SubTotal with a prefix for the subtotal value of ST.field e.g.
SUM AMOUNT
BY BYFIELD NOPRINT
ON BYFIELD SUBHEAD
" Value for Amount

Release 7.6.9
Windows
HTML

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The subtotal line is truncated.. should be
" Value is

Release 7.6.9
Windows
HTML

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I changed the report a bit. Now I am not subtotaling, just summing the $ across fiscal years. My code:

TABLE FILE REPORTREADY1
SUM
MONEY21/D15.2C!D AS ''
-*BY RANK NOPRINT
-*BY BLANK AS 'TOTAL INVOLUNTARY COLLECTIONS'
ACROSS HIGHEST FISCAL AS ''

This put fiscal year as the column title (across), and each years total under it. My problm now is I need a column before it with a column title and that I can put in my own text for the row.

Kevin

Expert
posted Hide Post
Can you use a DEFINE or COMPUTE. Remember if you use COMPUTE and you want to sort it, use BY TOTAL.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
How so?

Kevin

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Kevin,

Using the CAR file, could this be what you want?

-* File Kevin1.fex
SET ASNAMES=ON
DEFINE FILE CAR
KEVIN/A30='My own text for the row';
FYEAR/I4=2000 + SEATS;
END
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM KEVIN AS 'MYTITLE'
SUM SALES AS ' '
ACROSS FYEAR
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE HOLD
END
TABLE FILE HOLD
PRINT *
END

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post