Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Reorder Tabs in WindowPanel in HTML Composer

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Reorder Tabs in WindowPanel in HTML Composer
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am using App Studio (8007) and have a webpage with a tabbed Window Panel. Currently there are 4 tabs along the top. I am trying to figure out how to rearrange the order of these tabs, but I can't find anything in App Studio that allows me to do this. Is it possible to rearrange the tabs? If so, I would love to find out how. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8007

Expert
posted Hide Post
Dare I suggest that someone forgot to include this option?!

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Scott,

This ability has been in the 8008 release.

David Glick
Director WebFOCUS App Studio
and WebFOCUS Developer Studio
WebFOCUS Division
Information Builders, Inc.
Direct (917) 339-5560
Voice Mail (212) 736-6250 x3560
Fax (212) 947-5168
Email david_glick@ibi.com

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information. Just so I'm clear about this, in order to use App Studio 8008 I would need to upgrade WebFOCUS to 8008 as well, right? We are currently on 8007.

WebFOCUS 8007

Expert
posted Hide Post
I cannot find the option to rearrange tabs in a Tab component of Application Studio HTML GUI editor v8.0.08. I will read the documentation and update this thread.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
From WebFOCUS App Studio Online Help Components > Creating HTML Pages > Components Tab:

quote:
Tab
Inserts a tab control. Tab controls enable you to create multiple pages in one HTML form and present a better display for viewing secondary information. You can select Top, Bottom, Left, or Right. This means you can choose to add a tab control that displays tabs at the top, bottom, left, or right on the control.

When a tab control object is added to the layout, each tab control consists of:

A tab item. - A tab item is the tab label. You may edit the name of the tab item, style the tab item, and add multiple tab items. Each tab item is associated with a tab body.

A tab body. - A tab body is the tab page where you associate your components, such as report and graph objects, images, and lines.

The Tab control can be displayed as a full screen or part of an HTML page.

After this information are the following:

- Procedure: How to Add Additional Tabs
- Procedure: How to Enable Full Screen Mode for the Tab Control
- Procedure: How to Use a Form Object to Create a Pop-Up Dialog Box
- Procedure: How to Create a Pop-Up Dialog Box or Pop-Up Window From a Form Control

Absolutely nada about how to rearrange existing tabs in a Tab component.

I'd really like David Glick to provide more information when posting - "This ability has been in the 8008 release" is not enough information for all the people on FocalPoint that are new to the v8 product.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
I've opened a Tech Support case for this.

I have a dozen cases related to Application Studio v8.0.08 open. Most of them were opened as I was scratching the surface - mainly the Explorer. I haven't delved deeper yet.

Most of them are marked "In Product Division" or "Fixed in Next Release". I am led to believe that v8.0.09 is the one to get excited about, because a lot of BUGS will be corrected. Unfortunately it will be months before we go from v8.0.08 to v8.0.09 - it's been pretty painful upgrading from v7.7.05 to v8.0.08.

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
Scott,

You do not have to upgrade WebFOCUS, although it would be better if you can since then both parts will have the same level of functionality. To move tabs around, you just drag and drop them around the tab control. You can even drag out of a tab control and drop into another. Same for Window and Accordion.

David Glick
WebFOCUS Division
Direct (917) 339-5560
Fax (212) 947-5168

posted Hide Post
David,

I was eager to give this a try as we are in the design process of our new report. Would you be able to tell me how to lock down the Tab Container? Whenever I try to drag a single tab, the whole Tab Container moves.

Thanks in advance,
John

WebFOCUS 8008
Windows, All Outputs

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
To move tabs around, you just drag and drop them around the tab control. You can even drag out of a tab control and drop into another.

We all would appreciate screen-shots of this. When I try what you suggest, the whole Tab component moves. When I try moving a tab with the Alt key pressed - Application Studio crashes, and freezes several other programs on my PC. Very easily reproducible by trying it yourself.

Francis

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I am experiencing the same thing Francis describes. I just upgraded to App Studio 8008 this morning. If I create a tab control and try to move around the tab heading, the entire container moves. However, if I hold down Alt, it appears that the application is responding as if it is going to move a single tab either to a different position in the current container or to a position in a different container. However, when I release the mouse, App Studio crashes every single time. Is this a bug, or is there a different way I should be attempting to rearrange tabs?

WebFOCUS 8007

Expert
posted Hide Post
Screen-shot for those that can see it:

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I mis-typed. I should have said 8.0.09, not 8.0.08. That's what happens when you type on a phone keyboard. Sorry about that. Release 8.0.09 comes out October 8.

Now, for the ALT-drag. I never said to use ALT-drag, however, the crash that occurs is due to a Microsoft Windows update that was automatically installed several weeks ago. There is a product patch for 8.0.08 to resolve that and you can get it from Support Services.

David Glick
WebFOCUS Division
Direct (917) 339-5560
Fax (212) 947-5168

Expert
posted Hide Post
You may have not said to use ALT-tag, but there's nothing stopping us from trying that. The program shouldn't crash.

Francis

posted Hide Post
That will be a real time saver David. Thanks to all that made that happen!

WebFOCUS 8008
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
A crash that happens when you do the wrong thing is not as important as a crash that happens when you do the right thing. The crash with ALT drag happens due to a Microsoft update that was done in the summer and was fixed two days after the update came out.

David Glick
WebFOCUS Division
Direct (917) 339-5560
Fax (212) 947-5168

Expert
posted Hide Post
What's "wrong" with pressing Alt when clicking another key?

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
If there is functionality documented that says hitting ALT does something, then it makes sense to hit ALT. Otherwise why hit it?

David Glick
WebFOCUS Division
Direct (917) 339-5560
Fax (212) 947-5168

Expert
posted Hide Post
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? WHY ON EARTH IS IT DANGEROUS TO TTTRRRYYY ALT-SOMETHING TO MAKE SOMETHING WORK BECAUSE YOU SAID SOMETHING WOULD WORK, THEN TELL US THAT YOU HIT THE WRONG DIGIT AND MEANT 8.0.09 INSTEAD OF 8.0.08???????????

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
Nobody said "dangerous". I said to use drag/drop. You also tried ALT-drag. Why do that when I didn't say to do that? If you are going to try things, why not try CTRL-drag too then and SHIFT-drag etc? All not what was stated to do.

Now for the completely uppercase wording. No need to yell. I hear you.

David Glick
WebFOCUS Division
Direct (917) 339-5560
Fax (212) 947-5168

Guru
posted Hide Post
I also did state I mistyped the release number.

David Glick
WebFOCUS Division
Direct (917) 339-5560
Fax (212) 947-5168

Gold member
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth, my original question has been answered. This discussion can probably be closed.

WebFOCUS 8007