Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How do you get command line args out of the url in MAINTAIN now?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How do you get command line args out of the url in MAINTAIN now?
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Greetings all,
MAINTAIN is running as a servlet now and I am trying to call it via a url on a web page. I need to be able to extract fields from the url string, and finding that impossible. I have tried both the old and new options presented in the manuals:

Various URLs I have tried:
http://aidsdb:8080/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_cmd=MNTCON%2...IBIC_server=MAINTAIN
http://aidsdb:8080/ibi_apps/WFServlet?SITE_NUMBER=0009&...IBIC_server=EDASERVE

Note that adding the -v into the string crashes.

The Top case in the MAINTAIN file:
Case Top
Declare Posvar/i2 = sys_mgr.GET_inputparams_count();
type "posvar " | Posvar;
SITER/A10 = IWC.GetAppCgiValue("SITENAME");
type "SITER = " | SITER;

Infer site.SITE.SITE_NUMBER into SiteStk;
Winform Show_and_exit Site_Record_Edit_Form;
EndCase

Neither Posvar or Siter end up with value (Posvar is zero).
Much of the material for the urls is generated by WebFOCUS via the drill-down, though I have to change things a bit because I am running across two reporting servers. The MAINTAIN stuff is out of the books and from previous successes.

Any help you can provide . . .

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You are using:
...WFServlet?IBIF_cmd=MNTCON%20EX%20Site_Record_Editor&IBIS_passthru=on&IBIS_connect=on&IBIAPP_app=aidsmaintenance&SITE_NUMBER=0009&IBIC_server=MAINTAIN

with SITE_NUMBER as a parameter but using:
SITER/A10 = IWC.GetAppCgiValue("SITENAME");

Use SITE_NUMBER in the GetAppCgiValue. Should work every time.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Doh!

I owe you a beer!

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post