Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Dev Studio V7.1.1

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Dev Studio V7.1.1
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I am having a problem with Dev Studio I am unable to access master files on the servers. I can still run reports already created so I know it is not a security issue but am unable to create new ones. The error I receive is unable to resolve server name. Every once in a while I can get to some of the master files on a few of the servers. This just started last week. It seem to be timing out trying to access the master files. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software. Any ideas???????

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Developers Studio 7.6.5

Master
posted Hide Post
We got same thing with create new synonym not working in DS - use the server console instead.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
<JJI>
posted
Hi baxj89,

As an intermidiate solution I suggest you restart the Reporting server and the Web/App-server. Most of the time this helps for me.
But you stated that this problem just started last week, right? Maybe you should ask your IT staff if they have changed anything in your environment. Even an automatic update from windows can cause some problems like that. Even the smallest change can cause problems. If you cann't find the problem yourself then you better open a case and let the CSS people take some traces, so they can find out what is causing this problem. Also check your eadprint logfile and your JRE.

Regards,
Dirk JJI

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Changes were made by it staff problem corrected.

Developers Studio 7.6.5

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Posted 02 June 2009 2:44 PM

Nice to get feedback on a solution ..... even after almost two and a half years Wink lol

T

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have tried to close this post for some time it just keeps comming back. I am not sure why.

Developers Studio 7.6.5

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Just edit your first post. This will give you the possibility to change the description of the post to include the keyword [closed] or [solved]. Posts can't be really closed in this forum.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post