Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] submitting report in deferred mode

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] submitting report in deferred mode
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

I have normal report i.e.. it is no a MRE Fex file and is residing in a applicaion folder on the Web FOCUS server.

could any one tell me how to submit a normal fex file in defrred mode is it possible?

I know if is is MRE Fex we need to set the property IBIMR_defer to defer. But, this is not MRE Fex file.

help to submit a report in deferred mode

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
Output: Excel,PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
How are you running the report, what is the front end that makes the call ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I have a launch page where in I have given a radio buttons 1) Online 2) Deferred so if I select Deferred option then report should be submitted in deferred mode.

Please note as I already called it is not a MRE fex its a normal Application folder server fex file.

let me know anything

Thanks!

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
Output: Excel,PDF

Expert
posted Hide Post
Without MRE, I think you will find this very difficult.

I would suggest, as a minimum, adding a MRE login to your process, even if it is just to run a report deferred.

The problem is that WFServlet doesn't (as far as I know) support passing the defer option to the reporting server without MRE.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I had this working in 7.6.11. Not sure how it works in later releases.
http(s)//servername:8121/webconsole?CGIX_cmd=PromptDflt&IBIC_user=userid&IBIC_pass=password&IBIC_svc_name=DFM_DEFAULT&IBIS_page=DFLTPROMPT&IBIF_appname=applicationpath&CGIX_deferr=y&CGIX_option=nodflt&IBIS_prcname=processname&IBIF_cmd=EX application/fexname

The processname is a js generated string and I am not sure it has any real meaning.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The issue with that call is that its to the Reporting server, and the URL may not be exposed.

On saying that, there is a way, it is WebFOCUS after all.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
and the URL may not be exposed

Not sure what you mean by this. Please explain.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Being the reporting server, it may have security on it, or in some cases only port 80 is allowed to have connections from other locations.

I have worked on one site just like this. The only way to get to port 8121, or what ever the WebFOCUs servers http port is, is to log onto the machine.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984