Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Multiple file output from one hold in report caster [Closed-Not Solved]

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Multiple file output from one hold in report caster [Closed-Not Solved]
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hello all,
wondering if it's possible to create two deparate file outputs of different formats from the same hold file (flat) in the same fex using report caster. That is:
I'd like to create a summary Excel file from my file M1194WF then create a detail TAB file from M1194WF. Is there a way I can do this in Report Caster sending either via email or to Report Library? Do I need to use FILEDEF or WRITE or something?

thanks
Bob V

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BobV,

WF (App Studio) 8.2.01m / Windows
Mainframe FOCUS 8

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi B,

You will need 2 fex; where each will generate one output format.
Then in your schedule, add one task that will call each fex and assign the proper output format to the task.

This work for e-mailing distribution.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response Martin. I was trying to avoid that because then (I think) I would have to run the entire procedure twice spinning through the source tables that create the final hold file I need.

Bob

WF (App Studio) 8.2.01m / Windows
Mainframe FOCUS 8

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You can add another step (step 0 ) where you create your hold file and hold it somewhere in a app for then have your reports reading that app.

fexhold_step-0:

APP HOLD X
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT SEATS
DEALER_COST
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD AS TMP FORMAT FOCUS
END
APP HOLD
END

fexrpt1_step-1:

APP PREPENDPATH X
END
TABLE FILE TMP
SUM DEALER_COST
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END

fexrpt2_step-2:

APP PREPENDPATH X
END
TABLE FILE TMP
SUM SEATS
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT HTML
END

Then have a schedule calling step-0, step-1 and step-2. Something like that should work.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MartinY,

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post