Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] How do I call a Oracle stored procedure using ref cursors in WebFocus?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] How do I call a Oracle stored procedure using ref cursors in WebFocus?
 Login/Join

posted
I am using Oracle 10g and WebFocus AppStudio.

So I have an Oracle stored procedure. I want to create a report using WebFocus. How do I call the stored procedure.

This is what my Web Focus code looks like now:

SQL SQLORA SET SERVER CPMDEV

SQL SQLORA EX CPMDEV.WF_LONG_DISTANCE_REPORT;

TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS SQLOUT

END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
Our standard is to create .mas/.acx files for the stored procedure using the WF GUI Synonym Builder.

The .mas created does a nice job of defining/describing the required filters (INPUT) and columns you can report from (ANSWERSET).

Once the meta data is created use your normal TABLE FILE command to create your report.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Add END after the SP call, and, don't use the same name for your HOLD file:

SQL SQLORA SET SERVER CPMDEV

SQL SQLORA EX CPMDEV.WF_LONG_DISTANCE_REPORT;
END

TABLE FILE SQLOUT
PRINT *
ON TABLE HOLD AS SQLOUTX
END

hth

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Make sure their schema is CPMDEV, if the stored procs are in another schema that you can access, even if in Oracle you "can" call them from CPMDEV, if they reside say in CPMPRC, you need to connect to CPMDEV, but call CPMPRC.WF_LONG_BORING_REPORT

Signed as 'spent a day trying to figure this out'

Cheers,
H.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Oracle 11g - DB2
RedHat

Posts: 115 | Location: Brighton UK | Registered: February 19, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I warmly second David's method of creating masters. Even if you don't use them for a reason or the other, it is a *very* handy reference for the input/answerset. Especially if the proc's aren't nicely available with what connections you have. Or forbid they differ slightly between environments...

Cheers,
H.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05M
Oracle 11g - DB2
RedHat

Posts: 115 | Location: Brighton UK | Registered: February 19, 2005Report This Post