Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Dynamic HTMLFORM statement

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Dynamic HTMLFORM statement
 Login/Join

posted
How do you create dynamic HTMLFORM statements? I've found an example on the forum similar to the following code but I keep getting an error that says "(FOC36223) FILENAME @0000003HTML SPECIFIED BY -HTMLFORM COULD NOT BE FOUND".

-SET &LAUNCH_FILE = 'approot/lp_app_summary.htm';
-SET &LAUNCH_FORM = '-HTMLFORM ' | &LAUNCH_FILE;
&LAUNCH_FORM.EVAL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Expert
posted Hide Post
You may need to do include the HTMLFORM statements:

-SET &LAUNCH_FILE = 'c200/fmtest10.html';
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
-INCLUDE &LAUNCH_FILE
-HTMLFORM END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Can an -INCLUDE be added within -HTMLFORM BEGIN/END?

I had the idea that only HTML code could exist there and therefore the need for using !IBI.AMP.xx to refer to DM &variables. I'll give it a try at using -INCLUDE because if it works that'll open some interesting possibilities.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: njsden,

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Nefatli, you caught me!

Though it works, I wouldn't use an amper in an HTMLFORM.

I think this is the preferred syntax:

-SET &LF = 'c200/fmtest10.html';

-HTMLFORM &LF

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's the exact syntax I've used.

WebGuy0212, for "design" reasons we've made a decision in our site not to use app folders as part of file names when referring to focexecs or html files in our code and have opted for relying on APP PATH instead.

Using Francis sample code and assuming "c200" is part of a user/group/site APP PATH, you could simply do:

-SET &LF = 'fmtest10.htm';
-HTMLFORM &LF

That way, if later down the road you decide to re-arrange your environment and either rename your "c200" app folder to something else or just move your .htm files to different folders, you only have to make sure APP PATH is adjusted accordingly and your application should keep functioning; otherwise, you will need to track every place where you used "c200/file.htm" and make those changes manually (well, this can technically be automated but it's still a pain).

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
-SET &LAUNCH_FILE = 'approot/lp_app_summary.htm';

Is approot an app directory ?

Typically approot is the root alias for accessing the app directories.

Your usage sould be either {app directory}/{filename} or {filename} if the file is in the path.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've tried to use the dynamic(&) approach and since I'm calling a launch page outside of the domain, I'm using the fully qualified domain/app/launchpage syntax but always get an error. The closest I've come is..

-SET &ECHO = 'ALL' ;

-SET &STARTER = '-HTMLFORM';
-SET &CALLER = 'callidus/app/callidus_oracle_hr_reconciliation_report';
-SET &STRINGST = '&STARTER &CALLER' ;
-RUN
&STRINGST.EVAL
-RUN
-EXIT

which yields this output....

-SET &STRINGST = '-HTMLFORM callidus/app/callidus_oracle_hr_reconciliation_report' ;
-RUN
-HTMLFORM callidus/app/callidus_oracle_hr_reconciliation_report
-RUN
(FOC1517) UNRECOGNIZED COMMAND -HTMLFORM
CALLIDUS/APP/CALLIDUS_ORACLE_HR_RECONCILIATION_REPORT
-EXIT

Notice how it gets put to upcase in the final call and the -HTMLFORM is not even respected???

Any suggestions???? and Oh yeah, I've tried all the HTMLFORM BEGIN bla bla bla HTMLFORM END variations to no avail...

Has anyone ever done this successfully? The code that's posted here does not work for me whenever an & is introduced.

I'm using DevStudio 7.6.10 with matching WFclient and Server. Weblogic-webserver/linux-reportingserver

8.01m RedHat Linux HTML/PDF/EXCEL

Posts: 10 | Location: United States | Registered: January 29, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Have you tried:

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
!IBI.FIL.&CALLER ;
-HTMLFORM END

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dan,

I must admit I didn't try this version of the -htmlform begin and end using the good old bang(!).ibi.fil method. This still didn't make the magic happen.
As suggested I tried....
-SET &ECHO = 'ALL' ;

-SET &STRINGST = '&STARTER &CALLER' ;

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
!IBI.FIL.&CALLER ;
-HTMLFORM END
Which gave me this(echo)

!IBI.FIL.callidus/app/callidus_oracle_hr_reconciliation_report
< !--
-SET &STRINGST = '-HTMLFORM callidus/app/callidus_oracle_hr_reconciliation_report' ;
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
(FOC36232) UNABLE TO LOCATE END OF !IBI ESCAPE SEQUENCE.
-HTMLFORM END

WebFOCUS Version 7.6.10 compiled and linked on Tue Sep 29 17:06:02 EDT 2009 (Gen branch7610:187)
-->

and yes I have used this with and without the .htm extension as well.Please ignore the other code as it was just my attempt and making one long calling string which still does not work.

Perhaps theres some client side setting I'm missing which is causing the parser to hose my call....Just a thought

any more suggestions would certainly be appreciated, otherwise I'm looking at an ugly long drawn out goto routine a mile long Music Confused

Posts: 10 | Location: United States | Registered: January 29, 2008Report This Post
<JG>
posted
Do it the correct way and there is no issue.

!IBI.FIL.XXX; must point to a physical file allocated to the system or be in the current work directory

-SET &CALLER ='callidus/app/callidus_oracle_hr_reconciliation_report.htm';

APP FI CALLER DISK &CALLER.EVAL

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
!IBI.FIL.CALLER;
-HTMLFORM END

Where callidus/app must be under approot otherwise you will need to issue an APP MAP and APP PREPENDPATH / APPENDPATH
or a FILEDEF to the real file. The full file name is an absolute requirement.

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
JG

Sounds good, but since I'm working in the domain structure and everything is on the client side and not under the reporting server physically(approot) sounds like I'll need the webserver explicit path to my whatever.htm file. Is that correct. If so, I totally understand. If not, then I must be missing something.Thanks for the correct way as well. FYI I'll be calling .htm pages from multiple domains and just want to be sure that this approach is feasible. Thanks again

<JG>
posted
Yes use FILEDEF to allocate the file

-SET &CALLER = 'c:\ibi\WebFOCUS76\basedir\mydomain\app\whatever.htm';

FILEDEF CALLER DISK &CALLER.EVAL
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
!IBI.FIL.CALLER;
-HTMLFORM END

Or APP MAP and PREPENDPATH or APPENDPATH

APP MAP LOCATION "c:\ibi\WebFOCUS76\basedir\untitled\app\"
APP PREPENDPATH LOCATION
-RUN
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
!IBI.FIL.whatever;
-HTMLFORM END

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
JG

Just completed testing,and works just as suggested with the filedef. This opens up some doors of granularity for control over users until 8.0 gets released. Thanks a bunch, life's good again! Cool