Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] dev studio 767 inserts question mark

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] dev studio 767 inserts question mark
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi Everyone

I have a strange problem that started today. Every time I save a fex in dev studio (767), a question mark "?" is inserted at the beginning of the file. Delete it, re-save. re-open, question mark is back.

What the heck is going on? Anyone else see that?

Thx

Jodye

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 8.0.0.5M

Posts: 246 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 01, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
So wierd. i don't have an answer, Jodye, and I apologize for causing a reply to signal false hopes, but since 76n and 71n are different, different enough, maybe you should either up your linux or downgrade your devstu. Or..if you don't want to do that, try downloading 768 and see if it still happens. Are you saving on your local host? or on the server?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Susannah

Maybe you are right. That did occur to me. The funny thing is that nothing has changed in months. And suddenly this problem is happening. I will let you know if it is ever resolved.

For now, I am opening and saving the fexes with notepad++. so I do not get the question mark added.

Jodye

WF 8.0.0.5M

Posts: 246 | Location: Montreal, QC, Canada | Registered: October 01, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Jodye,

Are you sure it is actually a '?' character and not a character that dev studio doesn't know how to display and is therefore using the ? as a marker?.

Working between Windows and Unix/Linux always adds some fun as the have a number of differences in how they treat text files (different EOL markers for example). I'm wondering if your linux system is saving the file in one charset while Dev studio is expecting it in a different charset. I've seen something similar with files saved as UTF8, while SAMBA/Windows were treating them as US-ASCII. What does
file <fexname>.fex
tell you in Linux?

Cheers

Stuart

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Stuart

Thanks for replying. You know what, the problem is gone. I did absolutely nothing to fix it. The weird thing is that I remember someone else had this problem but I do not remember who or where I heard that... I think it was years ago.

Next time I see this happen I will check out the file from linux and see if there is anything strange in there.

Thanks

WF 8.0.0.5M