Focal Point
individual bar widths

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8437037336

September 25, 2013, 01:39 PM
neuro
individual bar widths
Trying to figure out if there is a setting to control the width of a horizontal barchart. Looking to try to set the height to the same height of the font. I have a chart in a compound pdf in composer and trying to dynamically set the VAXIS by counting how many rows of data I have from the coordinated report beside it. Building a solution around the fixed format of a graph in the composer.

Anyone ever done this or know where I should look. Thought the setRiserWidth() might do it, but I was wrong.

Currenly working @ Learning Circle Education Services
Previously worked @ Nationwide Insurance
Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Test: WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Dev: WebFOCUS 7.6.11
September 25, 2013, 05:12 PM
Doug
I've done this sort of thing and found the best way to analyze it, and come up with a solution, was to open it in the AGA, get it the way you want it, and then look at the code.

You should keep the number of records being graphed (rows of data) in a variable and set the VAXIS based on that. Leaving the font size to auto helps to eliminate the need to set it yourself... It can get complicated. But, using the AGA and keeping the fex as an external (referenced) procedure outside of the PDF composer often helps out as well.
September 25, 2013, 05:13 PM
Doug
Can you provide us with sample code using GGSALES or one of the sample file which IB provides?