Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Web Server Crash when in Maintain

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Web Server Crash when in Maintain
 Login/Join

posted
When working in the Maintain environment 7703 the Web Server continually seems to crash when I have Maintain open, and it has been idle for a period of time (i.e. 1 hour?). I just returned from lunch, and to see if I could make it crash, I opened Maintain code; added a line and a comment; and then tried to save the file. When I try and close the file, I receive the "Save changes?" pop-up, but Save never works. At this point I try and access the Web Server which always appears with the error below. Is there any setting to fix this? Thankfully this is in Test, but we are supposed to be upgrading Production to this server shortly.

Thanks, Lou.

Service Unavailable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7703
Windows Web Server
Open VMS Reporting Server
All Output Formats

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

Hi LouD,

Welcome to Focal Point!

What web server are you using? There are few items related to HTTP 503 on the IBI Technical Support site which refers to accessing IIS.

"The default APP Pool Windows service was stopped. Verify the APP Pool under the
Web Server (IIS) is started."

Does the above help in your environment?

Does this issue occur in other areas of the product such as reporting or with graphs?

Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders Inc.

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Lou,

There could be two reasons this is happening. The first is that you are using a browser to run the procedure instead of the viewer. In order to fix this:
1) In Dev Studio
Select Window - Options
Select Output Viewer Settings
Uncheck Use Internet Explorer
Save

2) Really bad JavaScript errors
Are you using JavaScript? If so, make sure that there are no errors. Sometimes, when you run a Maintain with really bad JavaScript errors, instead of throwing an error message, we just shut down. But that's at run time.

Please let me know if either of these help.

Thanks,
Mark Derwin

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Mark, thanks for your reply! This is WF 7703, and I do not see the option for Output Viewer Settings in this release. Also, the running of testing of the Maintain procedure is being done outside Dev Studio from an external web page. I am using the Maintain Development Environment for editing and deploying. This is where I notice I cannot continue editing and saving a procedure when I am idle for a period of around 1 hour.

Tamra, thanks for your reply! We are running Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. The first time I identified the issue was around lunch time when the Maintain Development Environment was open and idle for a while. We identified the following IIS errors on 2 separate days.

EventID 5011
A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' suffered a fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service. The process id was '2320'. The data field contains the error number.

A process serving application pool 'DefaultAppPool' suffered a fatal communication error with the Windows Process Activation Service. The process id was '1708'. The data field contains the error number.

Thanks, Lou.

WebFOCUS 7703
Windows Web Server
Open VMS Reporting Server
All Output Formats

Master
posted Hide Post
Lou
Ok. Didn't realize you weren't in 8.0. It sounds like there is an idle limit set on your server. Take a look at your settings and see if that is the case.

Otherwise, please open a case with support and we will check it out.

Thanks
Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post