As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only. Moving forward, myibi is our community platform to learn, share, and collaborate. We have the same Focal Point forum categories in myibi, so you can continue to have all new conversations there. If you need access to myibi, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your corporate email address, company, and name.
Actually earlier I had posted a message in this forum asking for help on a java.io.EOFException which was troubling me. Then it just dissappeared all of a sudden Not a clue as to why that happened.... But 2 days back the demon came back and has refused to leave me in peace!!!!! I cross checked with a few of my friends who also had worked on WebFOCUS . They gave me this line of code saying that their code was also having some problem of EOFException and inclusion of this line of code solved the problem. In both our cases we have included fex's. But this code line made no difference to me as I could not drive the dmon away..
So just curious if any of you guys have come across such a situation....
That line would work to fix only specific problems relating to finding subroutines - especially ones you create and want to add to the WebFOCUS environment. Also, it would only work if you are specifying a path in your own environment.
I looked for the other posting and I am wondering a few things about that. What type of tables are you reading? Do you have many steps in your procedure, especially creating HOLD files? Do you have a -RUN command after each step?
Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003
i am accessing teradata. I am embedding sqls and then holding the output as a hold file. after one hold i make a join to another table. after which i issue a -RUN . Is this problem due to something in the code or otehrwise. In the included fex i have only tried to get the column names based on the input given by user. they are just a series of if-else-if conditions.
java.io.EOFException is a java error, an End-of-File error This error appears for reasons not necessarily relating to your focus code, but rather to file situations. I get it from time to time when my network crashes in the middle of job, for ex. Running the same job again will run just fine. and other times when i have an errant foc$hold that has gotten on to a drive in my edapath by my mistake. If your file is too big and you're trying to build a single segment foc file, another example.
Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003
Like you we got it then resolved it then it reappeared. McAfee was causing some problems, the administrators stopped the autoscan all the time on selected directories on our server. In addition the log was getting too big seemed to be the reason it started again this time round. Though at the time it started up was coincidental with the McAffee upgrade.
Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004