Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
what is this??
 Login/Join

<Kalyan>
posted
DEFINE/PROCESS IBICPG DISK$CSS:CSSPAP.IBI.SRV52.FFS.USER]

Could any one throw more light on this???What does this signify.

Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Not a clue. What were you doing when this message came up. This may be one for the hotline!

Posts: 44 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 23, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I believe the IBICPG variable needs to be set to
point to the directory that contains subroutines.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
<Kalyan>
posted
Actually earlier I had posted a message in this forum asking for help on a java.io.EOFException which was troubling me. Then it just dissappeared all of a sudden Not a clue as to why that happened....
But 2 days back the demon came back and has refused to leave me in peace!!!!!
I cross checked with a few of my friends who also had worked on WebFOCUS .
They gave me this line of code saying that their code was also having some problem of EOFException and inclusion of this line of code solved the problem.
In both our cases we have included fex's. But this code line made no difference to me as I could not drive the dmon away..

So just curious if any of you guys have come across such a situation....

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
That line would work to fix only specific problems relating to finding subroutines - especially ones you create and want to add to the WebFOCUS environment. Also, it would only work if you are specifying a path in your own environment.

I looked for the other posting and I am wondering a few things about that.
What type of tables are you reading?
Do you have many steps in your procedure, especially creating HOLD files?
Do you have a -RUN command after each step?

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
<Kalyan>
posted
i am accessing teradata. I am embedding sqls and then holding the output as a hold file. after one hold i make a join to another table. after which i issue a -RUN . Is this problem due to something in the code or otehrwise. In the included fex i have only tried to get the column names based on the input given by user. they are just a series of if-else-if conditions.

Does my explanation help.

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
java.io.EOFException
is a java error, an End-of-File error
This error appears for reasons not necessarily relating to your focus code, but rather to file situations. I get it from time to time when my network crashes in the middle of job, for ex. Running the same job again will run just fine. and other times when i have an errant foc$hold that has gotten on to a drive in my edapath by my mistake. If your file is too big and you're trying to build a single segment foc file, another example.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
java.io.EOFException

Like you we got it then resolved it then it reappeared. McAfee was causing some problems, the administrators stopped the autoscan all the time on selected directories on our server. In addition the log was getting too big seemed to be the reason it started again this time round. Though at the time it started up was coincidental with the McAffee upgrade.

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post