Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How to reduce the size of the output file?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How to reduce the size of the output file?
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Have a PDF report which has two pages. Page 1 has three graphs and page 2 is a tabular report. The report has been workng fine in WEBFocus 5.2. But i got an error message after moving to version 7.1. Went ahead and changed the HOLD format to SVG instead of GIF. Then the report worked fine. But the file size has been increased tremendously (from 42KB in 5.2 to 810KB in 7.1).
Can anyone of you please suggest me how can i reduce the size of the report?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kasi Krishnan
WF 7.1.4 & WF 7.6.9: Databases - DB2, SQL Server 2000.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I opened a case using 7.1.4 where I experienced the same issue. Try changing your files to HOLD FORMAT ALPHA (just in case they are just HOLD right now).

We found that the problem involves using the COMPOUND feature.
Here's a section of my case findings:

There seems to be a bug in ON TABLE HOLD (no format provided) in the 7.1
 release.

While gathering HOLD file information for this case, I found the following:

When the HOLD file BEFORE the PDF is generated is:

HOLD FORMAT ALPHA

The size of the output PDF is:

HOLD (FORMAT ALPHA)
 07/21/2006  01:34 AM         7,663,807 hold.pdf

HOLD (no format provided... therefore internal binary format)

The size of the output PDF is:

HOLD (INTERNAL FORMAT)
 07/21/2006  01:32 AM         9,408,392 hold.pdf

I will upload the actual HOLD files (both ALPHA and INTERNAL format) for your
 research.

Posts: 21 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 24, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Bernie,
Thanks so much for the info. But there is no luck even after changing the HOLD format to ALPHA.

I think it is because of the graph format SVG. I tried to change it back to GIF. But the report errors out if i change back to GIF.

Do not know whether the graph engine will not support this GIF format or not.

Regards,
Kasi Krishnan

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Please view below link to one of the post in this forum.

Found it really useful.

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...1057331/m/6581008991

Regards,
Kasi Krishnan