Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Excel cell shows generic format with Adhoc reports

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Excel cell shows generic format with Adhoc reports
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hi,

We have a Adhoc report, which shows the columns based on user selection. For this I am just doing the print * to display the user selected columns and data coming from the stored procedure. The problem here is, when users choose date columns for the report, after generating the report user is not able to change the date column formats. It's alwys shown in Generic format and not allowing to customize it in the excel.
The output format of the report is xlsx. I also tried with xls format but still same problem.
As this is a Adhoc report I am not able to put any logic in fex file because date column can come in any order.

?FF SQLOUT is showing the datefield format as A10.

Please advice.

WF version: 8206

Thank You
Sandhya J

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
What’s the format of the date field in the DBMS?

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
It is store as mainframe date format. SP returns in alpha format.

WEBFOCUS 8202/Windows
PDF/HTML/XML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If the SP is returning an Alpha field, WebFOCUS will send it to Excel as an Alpha field as well, unless you convert that field to a date. There are a lot of date conversion functions and depending on what your date field looks like when displayed, you can create a DEFINE to turn it into a real date field.

if your alpha 10 field looks like 2020/05/11 you can use DATECVT function to convert it to a date field. Here's a simple example.

-SET &MYDATE='2020/05/11';
DEFINE FILE CAR
NEW_DATE/A8 WITH COUNTRY=EDIT('&MYDATE','9999$99$99');
MY_NEW_DATE/YYMD = DATECVT(NEW_DATE, 'A8YYMD', 'YYMD');
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT MY_NEW_DATE
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XLSX
END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BabakNYC,

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thank You somuch for the response.
As this is adhoc report, output columns varies, user can select any number of columns and date fields can be in any position to submit the report.
So from fex file I can only do PRINT *. In order to use the DEFINE I have to know the position of date field and it is not fixed position all the time.
Is there other way I can change the format using CHECK FILE HOLD?

WEBFOCUS 8202/Windows
PDF/HTML/XML

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I resolved my issue. Thanks for your inputs.

WEBFOCUS 8202/Windows
PDF/HTML/XML