Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] append columns

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] append columns
 Login/Join

<José Andrés Vargas Aguilar>
posted
Hy!

I need to add some columns to the right of my report (next to the ROW-TOTAL data).

This data is obtained from the detail data shown in the general part of the report but doesn't have to be shown there, only next to the ROW-TOTAL.

Does anyone know how to do it?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <José Andrés Vargas Aguilar>,

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
This might be what you are looking for:
quote:
How to Change Column Order
This syntax applies to PDF, PS, HTML, and EXL2K reports.
[TYPE=REPORT,] COLUMN=identifier, SEQUENCE=sequence, $

I found this in the "Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language" manual under "arranging columns on a page".

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
posted
No, not really, what I need is to use the results in the ROW-TOTAL to make a new column.

Ideally it would be something like:
(ROW-TOTAL/TOT.ROW-TOTAL)

It can be done by using the data I already have on the general details. Like the sum of MYCOLUMN/TOT.MYCOLUMN on the ROW-TOTAL but not on the details to the left (which I manage with a NOPRINT.

Does anyone know how?

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If re-arranging the columns, as Ginny suggests, won't work, then can you turn off ROW-TOTAL and use COMPUTES to perform both your row totals and subsequent calculations?

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
posted
But how would you do that?

I need it to be aligned with the BY I have but not to be shown beneath the ACROSS (like a ROW-TOTAL).

Can you give me an example?

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This is first time you've mentioned that ACROSS is involved. This post may give you an idea: ACROSS, ROW-TOTAL, and COMPUTE

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post
posted
Yes! Thats exactly what I need (to add a complex column to the row-summary). Still, it doesn't work. This is my current code:

DEFINE FILE SQLOUT
MONTOS/D20.2 = MONTO;
CANTIDADES/D20 = CANTIDAD;
MORA/A60V = IF MOROSIDAD EQ '0 - 0' THEN 'MAYOR' ELSE MOROSIDAD;
DIA/A60V = IF DIAS EQ 0 THEN 'AL DIA' ELSE MORA;
INTERES/A60V = IF INTERESES EQ '0% - 0%' THEN 'MAYOR' ELSE INTERESES;
SALDO/A60V = IF SALDOS EQ '0 - 0' THEN 'MAYOR' ELSE SALDOS;
PLAZO/A60V = IF PLAZOS EQ '0 - 0' THEN 'MAYOR' ELSE PLAZOS;
END

TABLE FILE SQLOUT
SUM
MONTOS AS '' OVER
CANTIDADES AS ''
COMPUTE PORCENTAJE/D10.2% = 100 * MONTOS / TOT.MONTOS; AS '%' NOPRINT

BY
MONEDA AS 'Moneda'

BY &wf_agrupa

ACROSS MORAMIN NOPRINT
ACROSS DIA AS 'Dias de Mora'

ON MONEDA SUMMARIZE AS 'Total por Moneda'

When I add...

AND COMPUTE PORCMONTO/D10.2% = PORCENTAJE; AS '%'

...below my accross I get the following error message:

An Unknown error has ocurred. The agent in the EDASERVE report server might have failed. Please check the report server's log.

It's the same error without the and.

Report This Post
posted
Hy y'all.

I already managed to make it.

What was missing on my code was the previous sums and by's for building the TOTALs and GRANDTOTALs.

Thanks a lot.

Report This Post