Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] Google Map API made easy..

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] Google Map API made easy..
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Since I can't hand out our database of city, state, zip, estimated population, latitude, and longitude, you guys will just have to look at the stored proc, we created a synonym for below. Ask if you have question.

This is what it looks like:

This is the code:
DEFINE FILE USP_GETZIPPOPBYSTATE ADD
ALLINFO/A255V=USP_GETZIPPOPBYSTATE.ANSWERSET1.CITY || ', ' | USP_GETZIPPOPBYSTATE.ANSWERSET1.STATE || ' ' | USP_GETZIPPOPBYSTATE.ANSWERSET1.ZIPCODE;
END

SET ASNAMES = ON
TABLE FILE USP_GETZIPPOPBYSTATE
SUM USP_GETZIPPOPBYSTATE.ANSWERSET1.ESTIMATEDPOPULATION
BY USP_GETZIPPOPBYSTATE.ANSWERSET1.LAT
BY USP_GETZIPPOPBYSTATE.ANSWERSET1.LONG
BY USP_GETZIPPOPBYSTATE.ANSWERSET1.TRUNCESTPOPULATION
BY USP_GETZIPPOPBYSTATE.ANSWERSET1.ALLINFO
WHERE USP_GETZIPPOPBYSTATE.INPUT.@STATE EQ 'FL';
ON TABLE HOLD AS MYFILE FORMAT FOCUS
END

-RUN

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
<script src="http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js"></script>
<script src="http://google-maps-utility-library-v3.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/markerwithlabel/src/markerwithlabel.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<style>
html,
body,
#googleMap {
  margin: 0;
  padding: 0;
  height: 100%;
}
.googleLabel {
  color: #000;
  font-weight: bold;
  text-align: center;

}
</style>
<script>
{
	var showOnStartInfoWindows = true;
	//create locations..
	var arrayAll = [];
	var marker = [];
	var jax = new google.maps.LatLng(30.318028, -81.674474);
	var leesburg = new google.maps.LatLng(28.810750, -81.880056);
	var map = null;

//create locations..
-REPEAT HENDNUM FOR &MYDATA FROM 1 TO &LINES
-READFILE MYFILE
	-SET &COUNTER = &MYDATA-1;
	arrayAll[&COUNTER.EVAL] = {loc: new google.maps.LatLng(!IBI.AMP.LAT;, !IBI.AMP.LONG;), size: !IBI.AMP.ESTIMATEDPOPULATION;, alphasize: "!IBI.AMP.TRUNCESTPOPULATION;".trim(), info: "!IBI.AMP.ALLINFO;".trim()};
-HENDNUM
-ENDLOOP
	//EO create locations..
}

function initialize()
{
	//center the map on Black Knight
	var mapProp = {
	  	center:arrayAll[0].loc,
		zoom:6,
		mapTypeId:google.maps.MapTypeId.ROADMAP
	};

//set google's API and pass the DIV by ID.
	map = new google.maps.Map(document.getElementById("googleMap"),mapProp);

//var bounds = new google.maps.LatLngBounds(leesburg, jax);
  	//map.fitBounds(bounds);

var maxSize = 0;
	for(var i = 0; i < arrayAll.length; i++)
	{
		if(maxSize<arrayAll[i].size)
			maxSize = arrayAll[i].size;
	}

for(var i = 0; i < arrayAll.length; i++)
	{
		var size = Math.round((arrayAll[i].size/maxSize)*100);

//alert('|' + arrayAll[i].info + '|')	;
		//create marker

marker[i] = new MarkerWithLabel({
      		labelInBackground:false,
      		position: arrayAll[i].loc,
      		map: map,
			title: arrayAll[i].info + '\n(' + arrayAll[i].alphasize + ')',
			labelAnchor: new google.maps.Point((size * 1.8) / 2, (size / 3)),
			labelClass: "googleLabel", // the CSS class for the label
			labelStyle: {
				width: (size * 1.8) + 'px',
				height: (size / 1.5) + 'px',
				lineHeight: (size / 1.5) + 'px',
				fontSize: (size / 1.5) + 'px'
			},
			labelContent: arrayAll[i].alphasize,
	    	markerInfo: arrayAll[i].info,
	      	icon: {
		        path: google.maps.SymbolPath.CIRCLE,
		        fillOpacity: 0.3,
		        fillColor: '#FFFF00',
		        strokeOpacity: 1.0,
		        strokeColor: '#0000ff',
		        strokeWeight: 1.0,
		        scale: size, //pixels
	      	}
    	});

marker[i].setMap(map);
		marker_onclick(marker[i]);
		//marker_info(marker[i]);
	}
}

function marker_onclick(marker) {
	google.maps.event.addListener(marker, 'dblclick', function(o) {
		map.setZoom(18);
		map.setCenter(marker.position);
	});

google.maps.event.addListener(marker, 'click', function(o) {
		map.setZoom(7);
		map.setCenter(marker.position);
	});

google.maps.event.addListener(marker, 'rightclick', function(o) {
		alert('could be routing to fex: \n' + marker.position);
	});
}

//no longer in use, but kept here for example code..
function marker_info(marker) {
	//create popup notice..
	var infowindow = new google.maps.InfoWindow({
		content:marker.labelContent
	});

if(showOnStartInfoWindows)
		infowindow.open(map, marker);

google.maps.event.addListener(marker, 'mouseover', function (o) {
		//alert('over'); 
		infowindow.open(map, marker); 
	});
	google.maps.event.addListener(marker, 'mouseout', function (o) { 
		//alert('out');
		infowindow.close(map, marker); 
	});
	//EO create popup notice..
}

{
	google.maps.event.addDomListener(window, 'load', initialize);
}
</script>
</head>

<body>
<div id="googleMap" style="width:100%;height:90%;"></div>
</body>
</html>
-HTMLFORM END

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Guru
posted Hide Post
Wow, I just did a very simple version of the same thing but using the HTML Layout in App Studio

Instead of HTMLFORM, I used the new Ajax call Target Type to load the data into the HTML page.

I also used Circle class from google maps to draw circles based on population rather than markers.

I can share if you are interested

Regards

Stu

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 (8.2.06 in testing)

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Awesome.. I'm still on Dev Studio and will not be going App Studio until 8.2. On the maps, I used the Circle class the first time, but I found I could custom all the markers to be anything not just circles, so I went that direction. Also, as an old school javascript developer, I'm not a big fan of the use of AJAX or mass libraries that execute a lot of code, I don't need. You can share though as I'm sure someone would like to see it.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Guru
posted Hide Post
Here is the javacript code that I added to the "Embedded Javascript/CSS" tab in HTML Compser in App Studio

// create an array to hold the circles so that we can erase them when needed
var cityCircles = new Array();

function drawCircle(citymap) {
//which map do we draw on?
var map = IbComposer_getMapObject('mapcontrol1');

// iterate thru the array and erase any existing circles
var cntr = cityCircles.length;
for (i=0; i < cntr ; i++) {
    cityCircle = cityCircles.pop();
    cityCircle.setMap(null);
    cityCircle = null;
}

// iterate citymap, draw circel and push to array
for (var city in citymap) {
   var populationOptions = {
      strokeColor: '#FF0000',
      strokeOpacity: 0.8,
      strokeWeight: 2,
      fillColor: '#FF0000',
      fillOpacity: 0.35,
      center: citymap[city].center,
      radius: Math.sqrt(citymap[city].population) * 100
     };
 cityCircle = new google.maps.Circle(populationOptions);
 cityCircles.push(cityCircle);
 }
}

function showData(xml) {
// make sure we are centered on the right map
panToPoint('-28.9361549', '132.7938332', 'mapcontrol1', '4');
var citymap = {};

// iterate through the XML results and create the list of lat/long and population for each city
$(xml).find('tr')
        .each(function () {
            var $thisTr = this;
            var c0 = $($thisTr).find('td[colnum="c0"]').text();
            var c1 = $($thisTr).find('td[colnum="c1"]').text();
            var c2 = $($thisTr).find('td[colnum="c2"]').text();
            var c3 = $($thisTr).find('td[colnum="c3"]').text();
            citymap[c0] = {
               center: new google.maps.LatLng(c2, c3),
               population: c1
                    };
        });
// call the function to draw the circles
drawCircle(citymap) ;
}  

Then I added this fex to the "Requests & Data sources"

TABLE FILE POPULATION
PRINT
     POPULATION.POPULATION.POPULATION
     POPULATION.POPULATION.LAT
     POPULATION.POPULATION.LONG
BY  LOWEST POPULATION.POPULATION.CITY
WHERE POPULATION.POPULATION.YEAR EQ &YEAR.(FIND POPULATION.POPULATION.YEAR IN POPULATION).YEAR:.;
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES ON
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
     INCLUDE = IBFS:/EDA/EDASERVE/_EDAHOME/ETC/endeflt.sty,
$
ENDSTYLE
END  

Then I added a button and in "Tasks & Aninmations" linked the Click of the button to Fex with a target type of "Ajax call" and the showData name for the function name.

This passes the results of the FEX in XML to the javascript funtion where I itterate through it and draw the circles. In this case the code is mostly good old plain Javascript with just one IBI specific function call - IbComposer_getMapObject('mapcontrol1')

Cheers

Stu

Posts: 253 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Here is the full HTML code for the page - you should be able to copy this over to a WebFOCUS 8009 or higher environment and open it in App Studio

<!DOCTYPE html>
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=IE=Edge http-equiv=X-UA-Compatible>
<META name=mycharsetmeta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv=Content-Type>
<META name=Generation content="Created in release 8009, Generation 4">
<META name=viewport content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_OptionsScript
var bRuntimes=true;var szHtmlAlias="/ibi_apps/";var prefix="ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/";var is_mobile="false";var szRunTimeHtmlAlias="runTimeHtmlAlias";var cgipath="cgipath";var ib_composer="ib_composer";var map="ib_composer_map";var grid="ib_composer_grid";var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ib_composer,map);if(typeof(szRunTimeHtmlAlias) === 'string' && szRunTimeHtmlAlias.indexOf('/') == 0)szHtmlAlias=szRunTimeHtmlAlias;document.write('<script src="'+szHtmlAlias+prefix+'ibigbl.js" type="text/javascript"><\/script>');</script><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_ibigblloadCss
if(typeof ibigblloadCss === 'function'){ibigblloadCss(null);addIntlTranslatedJS("composertrans.js");}else {alert("JavaScript alias '/ibi_apps/'  is not valid.");window.location("about:blank");}</script><TITLE>HtmlPage</TITLE>
<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>
//confidential_id=clientEventHandlersJS

if(typeof(bRuntime) != 'undefined') {
// TODO: Add your inline runtime code here
}

//Begin function window_onload
function window_onload() {

UpdateData();

// TODO: Add your event handler code here
//add onInitialUpdate() function to make changes before initial run of the reports
}
//End function window_onload

// create an array to hold the circles so that we can erase them when needed
var cityCircles = new Array();

function drawCircle(citymap) {
//which map do we draw on?
var map = IbComposer_getMapObject('mapcontrol1');

// iterate thru the array and erase any existing circles
var cntr = cityCircles.length;
for (i=0; i < cntr ; i++) {
    cityCircle = cityCircles.pop();
    cityCircle.setMap(null);
    cityCircle = null;
}

// iterate citymap, draw circel and push to array
for (var city in citymap) {
   var populationOptions = {
      strokeColor: '#FF0000',
      strokeOpacity: 0.8,
      strokeWeight: 2,
      fillColor: '#FF0000',
      fillOpacity: 0.35,
      center: citymap[city].center,
      radius: Math.sqrt(citymap[city].population) * 100
     };
 cityCircle = new google.maps.Circle(populationOptions);
 cityCircles.push(cityCircle);
 }
}

function showData(xml) {
// make sure we are centered on the right map
panToPoint('-28.9361549', '132.7938332', 'mapcontrol1', '4');
var citymap = {};

// iterate through the XML results and create the list of lat/long and population for each city
$(xml).find('tr')
        .each(function () {
            var $thisTr = this;
            var c0 = $($thisTr).find('td[colnum="c0"]').text();
            var c1 = $($thisTr).find('td[colnum="c1"]').text();
            var c2 = $($thisTr).find('td[colnum="c2"]').text();
            var c3 = $($thisTr).find('td[colnum="c3"]').text();
            citymap[c0] = {
               center: new google.maps.LatLng(c2, c3),
               population: c1
                    };
        });
// call the function to draw the circles
drawCircle(citymap) ;
}

</SCRIPT>

<STYLE></STYLE>
<!--//confidential_id=focus_xmlelement
<rootxmlnode focoption="_FOC_NULL" nextelementuniquenumber="2"><html_elements><html_body thumbnailscale="4" use_appl_css="no" maptype="0" autofitchildren="no" mobiledocument="no" edaconnectionrequired="true" ibiapp_app="Public" ismre="1" ibif_ex="/WFC/Repository/Public/circlemap.htm"><html_event eventname="load" eventhandlername="window_onload"/></html_body><html_element bindcontrolid="mapcontrol1" elementtype="41" inputcontrol="1" tabindex="1" myviewonautofit="dontyouever" dragging="yes" doubleclickzoom="no" continuouszoom="no" scrollwheelzoom="no" defaultzoomlevel="4" defaultmaptype="0" runcontrol="no" layervisrefreshcontrol="yes" polygoncontrol="no" polygonactionscopy="yes" polygonactionsdelete="yes" polygonactionsmove="yes" polygonactionsresize="yes" polygontooltipradius="yes" polygontooltipmarkercount="yes" polygontooltiparea="yes" bullseyenumofrings="3" bullseyeinnerringrad="10" bullseyeouterringrad="100" bullseyeunits="mi" inbinding="1" defaultinbindinglocation="0,0,20,60" StyleBack_rtFileName="cgipathsub/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/describe/ibimapimage.gif" onetimepopulated="0" StyleBack_UserSuppliedFullPath="1"><link linktype="default" persistentuniqueid="compUid_1"><condition default="1" name="Default" whattodowithcontrol="0" valuescompareoperator="0" parameterscompareoperator="0" conditionmultiselectoperator="0"><data_info datatype="1" name="Layer1" sourcetype="typeAnyReport" checkForDuplicateValues="0" refresh_interval="0"></data_info><data_info datatype="1" name="centerofthemapdatainfo" sourcetype="typeMaster"></data_info></condition></link></html_element><html_element bindcontrolid="button1" myviewonautofit="dontyouever"/><html_element bindcontrolid="panel1" elementtype="34" form_dist_between_desc_and_input="10" form_newline_chain="1" form_prompt_location="1" form_number_of_columns="4" form_number_of_visible_rows="4" myviewonautofit="dontyouever" autofitchildren="no" containerdisplayas="child"><html_event eventname="submit" eventhandlername="onExecuteEventHandler"/>

</html_element><html_element bindcontrolid="combobox1" inputcontrol="1" elementtype="8" myviewonautofit="dontyouever" defaultselection="1" inbinding="1" defaultinbindinglocation="0,0,20,60" linktype="none" onetimepopulated="0"><link linktype="default" persistentuniqueid="compUid_2"><condition default="1" name="Default" whattodowithcontrol="0" valuescompareoperator="0" parameterscompareoperator="0" conditionmultiselectoperator="0"><data_info datatype="1" datasource="POPULATION.mas" ibif_ex="POPULATION" displayfield="POPULATION.POPULATION.YEAR" datafield="POPULATION.POPULATION.YEAR" sourcetype="typeMaster" selectedvalue="" ibiformat="I4" accept="0" addalloption="0" checkForDuplicateValues="0"><![CDATA[]]><selectionto_item type="variable" id="YEAR"></selectionto_item></data_info></condition></link></html_element><html_element rtFileName="cgipathsub/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/composer/themes/nonBindows/IBI-Themes/default_theme.css" type="cssfile"/><html_element rtFileName="cgipathsub/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/composer/themes/nonBindows/IBI-Themes/ibi.css" bindcontrolid="IBI_THEME_CSS" desc="Information Builders" type="cssfile"/></html_elements><variables><variable parametercreatedinreslay="0" type="unresolved" name="YEAR" default="" textvarname="" accept="0" select="0" create="1" requests_list="citymap" controltype="8"><data_info displayfield="POPULATION.POPULATION.YEAR" ibiformat="I4" datafield="POPULATION.POPULATION.YEAR" datasource="POPULATION.mas" ibif_ex="POPULATION" datatype="1" sourcetype="typeMaster" selectedvalue="" operation="" slider_range_from="" slider_range_to="" previewvalue=""/></variable></variables><requests nextrequestsid="1"><request requestid="citymap" sourcetype="typeFex" ibif_ex="/WFC/Repository/Public/citymap.fex" ibiapp_app="Public" activeType="-1" activereport="0" compoundreport="0"/></requests><tasks><task id="load" trigger="load"/><task id="task2" trigger="click" specifictrigger="button1"><taskitem id="citymap" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="ajax" targetname="showData"/>

</task></tasks><animations></animations></rootxmlnode>
--><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=updateHeadElements
if(typeof updateHeadElements === 'function'){updateHeadElements();}</script></HEAD>
<BODY class=IBI_PageBg>
<DIV style="Z-INDEX: 1; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 750px; HEIGHT: 470px; TOP: 90px; LEFT: 100px" id=mapcontrol1 class=IBI_ReportControlTarget></DIV><INPUT style="Z-INDEX: 2; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 110px; HEIGHT: 30px; TOP: 580px; LEFT: 260px" id=button1 class=IBI_button tabIndex=2 value="Draw Circles" type=button name="button1"> 
<DIV style="POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 100px; HEIGHT: 52px; TOP: 570px; LEFT: 130px" id=panel1 class="IBI_ReportControlPanel IBI_rounded_m"><LABEL style="Z-INDEX: 3; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 32px; HEIGHT: 15px; CURSOR: default; TOP: 5px; LEFT: 5px" id=label1 class=IBI_ReportControlLabel for=combobox1>YEAR:</LABEL><SELECT style="Z-INDEX: 4; POSITION: absolute; WIDTH: 65px; TOP: 30px; LEFT: 5px" id=combobox1 class="IBI_ReportControlTarget IBI_rounded_s" tabIndex=3 size=1 sourcetype="typeMaster" firsttimeopen="1" name="combobox1"></SELECT></DIV></BODY><script type="text/javascript">
//confidential_id=IBI_loader
if(typeof doBeforeLoad === 'function'){doBeforeLoad();}function AdjustChildrenPosition(){
}
</script></HTML>
<!-- cc vpsr -->