Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] "New Tab" and "Delete" in a tabbed container on a Portal page.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] "New Tab" and "Delete" in a tabbed container on a Portal page.
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Is there a way to prevent a user from clicking "New Tab" or "Delete" in Portal tabbed container? I've tried selecting "Hide New Tab" under the Navigation breadcrumb as well as deselecting it as a "Behavior" in the Panel breadcrumb to no avail. I've also changed the BIPViewOnly role to Permitted and all of the other BIP roles to Denied for the user group without success. Anyone have a solution to this? Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF 8.0.08 (Prod); WF 8.2.06 (Dev)

Posts: 83 | Location: OK | Registered: November 19, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I can't remember how this is done in 8008 but in 8202 under Navigation properties there's a check box to show or hide new page.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
There is indeed a box like that in my release. I have it checked, but "New Tab" still appears as an option.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I saw a similar question in the IB support site where they stated the following:

"Did you try to RUN the Portal. I think the new page icon shows in the design mode (so you can add a new page, if you need a new page), but will be hidden when you run the portal.

Can you confirm new page is hidden when you run the portal?"

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Does the New Tab show at run time or just design time regardless of checkbox choice? I think it should work outside the Portal Designer. I'd try that.

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
New Tab is not hidden when I RUN the portal. I've tried running it as an administrator and as a user with only BIPViewOnly Permitted as their only BIP role.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Yeah, if it's being funky, then I'd open a case with IBI on this one. Sorry man!

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Probably need to do that. Thanks.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Do you have a later version in a test environment? 80xx is 3 years old.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, I do not.

*Edit: Actually I do. I'll test and see if that does it.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Try the V4 Portals. A damn sight better looking than the 80xx version. I think you'll have to turn it on from the Admin Console so you can use them. Very nice.