Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Webfocus 8 BI Portal Custom Theme

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Webfocus 8 BI Portal Custom Theme
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,

I have a couple of questions on the BI portal themes.

Firstly, there is a custom theme option along with the other IBI themes. What is it for?

Secondly, if i had created my own theme, is there a way to save it and apply it to a new portal instead of creating the whole theme again?

Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WF1326,

WebFOCUS
7703/7705/8105m/8201m/8202m

Posts: 99 | Registered: September 10, 2013Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi WF1326,

1.To create a theme as per your desire by modifying the old js files.(ensure you take the backup of it before doing modification)
2.Yes, you could save and use it. Your newly created theme will be displayed along with existing ones.

Thanks,
Rifaz

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Posts: 406 | Location: India | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Rifaz,

Custom theme: You mean taking one of the IBI standard js theme and editing it?

Saving a theme: Can you please tell me the procedure.

Thanks

WebFOCUS

Guru
posted Hide Post
There are lot of steps involved in that, first you need to register a theme, edit & verify it. There is a very good article written by Matthew Lerner regarding this topic in IBI techsupport. If you couldn't find it out, please share your personal email id, i'll send across by digging around with it.

Thanks,
Rifaz

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Expert
posted Hide Post
It's sad that it appears you can have only one custom theme. I suppose you could alter the IBI supplied themes to customize them, just have to remember to backup/restore before/after every update.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hi WF1326,

Check it out and mark this topic as SOLVED by editing your first post.
Build a WebFOCUS Theme
Thanks,
Rifaz

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Rifaz,

The link is asking for userid and password. My credentials did not work. Can you please check on it?

Thanks.

WebFOCUS

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Same problem for me

809 DevStudio, MRE, Report Caster , Report Library
Output: Excel PDF, HTML

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much Rifaz.. Smiler

WebFOCUS

<MLerner>
posted
In WebFOCUS 8.1 we will allow multiple Custom Themes.

The PDF mentioned was internal only and is not complete so please do not use.

The best bet is to use the 1 Custom Theme and then override other themes. That gives you up to 10. As noted be sure to back up your theme regardless of which one you use as a Service Pack install will write over it.

When we add the ability for multiple themes they will be moved out of the web app and to a place that an upgrade will not touch.

Regards,
Matthew

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
How do I get to the documentation for customizing a BI Portal theme?

Thanks.

Christy

<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi Christy,

Information on customizing a BI Portal theme can be found at:

Usage Notes and RIA Example

Cheers!

Kathryn

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rifaz:
Hi WF1326,

Check it out and mark this topic as SOLVED by editing your first post.
Build a WebFOCUS Theme Please Note: This link no longer works
Thanks,
Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
See, Mattheew's comment, IBI would have updated it and your signature shows you are in 7.6. Are you in 8?

-Rifaz

WebFOCUS 7.7.x and 8.x

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
MLerner (Gold member) posted Nov 05, 2013 09:30 - In WebFOCUS 8.1 we will allow multiple Custom Themes.
I'm still sad that in WF 8.0.08 we cannot have more than one custom theme. The comment was posted in November 2013 regarding WebFOCUS 8.1 which will be out in Summer 2015. Will it really have this option?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post