Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE OPENED] Adding/adjusting RDF breakpoints in BIP product for lower res. screens:

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE OPENED] Adding/adjusting RDF breakpoints in BIP product for lower res. screens:
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Hi all!

I'm hoping there are more users on here that have been working with the newer 8.1.03+ responsive portal feature set already. I've been trying to implement a BIP solution with that new functionality configured into the portal I'm building. I have successfully done so.

So far, the responsive nature of the new portal product allows for 3 different breakpoints to occur when the user adjusts their screen/window size.

My question: Does anyone know which file within an install holds the code for adjusting the preconfigured breakpoints set up already in the new BIP? I'd like to add an additional breakpoint or adjust the 3 already present.

Has anyone here tried to do this before and know where to direct me to do such? I would really appreciate the help. My project manager and I have the issue where on lower resolution displays/screens (laptops, etc.) the portal breaks to the middle/tablet-size configured breakpoint instead of staying at full desktop view. We want our users to not have HUGE gutters on either side of their laptops/desktops portal viewing session.

Again, thanks in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: CoolGuy,

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
the only way we were able to adjust or remove the gutters was to change the width of the portal to 100% or a lower value.

We ended up with 100%.

And I agree with you, the gutters need to be configurable.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Waz,

Thank you so much for that insight to how you are working around the issue with the RDF breakpoints. I will fiddle around with content using that setting to see what I can do while I wait to hear back from IBI.

Thanks again!

Expert
posted Hide Post
I am certainly interested in anything you get back from IBI.

Personally, I'm hoping that 8.2 has a lot more control in the portal definition.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Waz:
I am certainly interested in anything you get back from IBI.

Personally, I'm hoping that 8.2 has a lot more control in the portal definition.

I will keep you posted! I'm with ya on 8.2!

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
That point was brought up at this year's Summit during IBI's walkthrough on the responsive portal. The IBI rep said those three sizes were chosen after a lot of trial and error. For now they are hardwired. They were open to adding some additional sizes, but did not recommend we customize them ourselves. At least that was my interpretation of their stance.

WebFOCUS 8.2.03 - Production
WebFOCUS 8.2.04 - Sand Box
Windows 2012 R2 Server
HTML, PDF, Excel
In FOCUS since 1980

Posts: 115 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: April 07, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I spoke with the guy over the development of the BIP at Summit myself on a different topic. I hope they do add more breakpoints in and/or the ability to adjust/add them in by 8.2.