Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED]Data Migrator very slow re-loading SQL table

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED]Data Migrator very slow re-loading SQL table
 Login/Join

posted
We are using Data Migrator version 8007. I am loading a DB2 table to an 'new' SQL table, which takes less than 2 minutes to load over 2 million rows using Bulk Load.
I then want to reload the SQL table into an 'existing' SQL table, truncating the existing table, with 'Insert/Update' and 'update existing record', commit every 5000 rows, with no other screening criteria. This extract is taking 15 minutes to run when I'm basically re-loading into an empty, but existing, table.
I'm not sure why it takes less than 2 minutes to run the initial extract, but when I'm just re-loading into an existing, empty table, it takes 15 minutes.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Susan
WebFOCUS 8.2.01m Windows 7, SQL, HTML, XLS, CSV, DB2

Posts: 10 | Location: US Bank | Registered: June 16, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Insert/Update is the slowest possible way to load a table. Since you are truncating the table, use Insert from memory (to activate the array bulk loader), or use the bulk loader. If you use the Insert from memory, you should add a stored proc before the load to prevent the table from being put in a backup pending state.

-* Set DB as non-recoverable to avoid backup pending.
SQL DB2 SET FASTLOAD_OPTION NONRECOVERABLE
-RUN  

I personally use IFM as much as possible, as it has a very small to no IO footprint, and typically scales way better than a bulk load utility.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post