Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] HELP: Data Management Console Flows

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] HELP: Data Management Console Flows
 Login/Join

<David>
posted
Release: R72771B

Please read and let me know if there is a known issue, or any suggestions how to go about fixing this issue.

I am running a simple Process Flow, based on a simple Data Flow that is shown in the iWay DataMigrator User's Guide. The Data Flow works fine, but the Process flow gives the following error:
07/01/2010 11:13:16 EDASERVE 07/01/2010 11:13:16 (ICM18561) Request basic_flows/movies_sold Not submitted
07/01/2010 11:13:16 EDASERVE 07/01/2010 11:13:16 (ICM18039) DEP_0 movies_sold Return Code = 18561
07/01/2010 11:13:33 EDASERVE No statistic information
07/01/2010 11:16:40 EDASERVE End of document reached.
================================================
I read later chapters where it explains viewing the log file, but I don't know what I am looking for (several log files and traces were generated). Please Help!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Report This Post
<JG>
posted
You need to post this to the iWay forum which you have, posting to both has very little point

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi David,

A quick search returns the following page, which may be of interest:

Data Migrator Return Code 18561

Maybe you are not using a DM Server? If that isn’t it, then you may want to open a case with Customer Support Services for assistance, and please send us the flow, synonym and DM logs. You may either call 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
<David>
posted
I did "solve" this a while back. Interesting that DMC does/did not run with the WebFOCUS Full Function server. One would think that an install that includes DMC in the install, even when "300" is the XXX part of the key would work - especially when the server is called "Full Function" Why does it install when it is not compatable? Why is the install called "Full Function?"

Actually, I think that the Trouble Shooting link: http://techsupport.information...om/sps/61812016.html is what was posted after I did request support - as a result of what I told them had worked for me. I think there must be a configuration of the install with the "300" version that is compatable, but I could be wrong.

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
An FFS or Full Function Server provides access to both relational and non relational data sources. It's called "Full" to distinguish it from a Relational Gateway. These names were established many, many years ago.

The name DataMigrator Server is by comparison much more recent, and it includes the capabilities of an FFS plus the ETL capabilities of DataMigrator.

The DMC or Data Management Console serves multiple purposes. It can be used with an WF server to manage metadata and server administration.

The DMC is also the user component of a DataMigrator server and for liscensed users has the addtional capabilities including creating and editing Data and Process Flows.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post
<David>
posted
Thank you for clarifying the meaning of FFS and for providing more information about DMC with DataMigrator.

Report This Post