Focal Point
[SHARING] .DOC

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8527014706

July 25, 2011, 05:43 PM
slfmr
[SHARING] .DOC
Hi,

It's been awhile since I have done any webfocus and was wondering if there was anything out there that allowed output to Word (.doc). I have seen and tested the output to HTMTABLE and then setting the html output to DOC and that sort of is the idea, but I need way more formatting, compounding and dynamic reporting options than that could give me.

I'm pretty sure that on some level it could be worked out, but I wouldn't be utilizing WebFOCUS for what it was. Any options that can be recommended?

Are there other BI tools that would fit my requirements?

Thank you for your feedback.

Dev, SIT, UAT, Production:7.6.11
Dev Studio - 7.6.11

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Dev, SIT, UAT, Production:7.6.6
Dev Sandbox:7.6.11

Dev Studio - 7.6.6
July 25, 2011, 06:23 PM
Waz
WebFOCUS hasn't supported DOC format very will in the past.

I think there have been some examples of DOC format posted in the past on the forum.

Here is a sample that utilises HTMLFORMTYPE to return a HTML report as a DOC format.

It also adds proper page breaks.

DEFINE FILE CAR
 PageBreak/A200 = '</FONT></TD></TR></table><span><br clear=all style=''mso-special-character:line-break;page-break-before:always''>'
                | '</span><TABLE X:STR BORDER=0 CELLPADDING=0 CELLSPACING=0><TR><TD>' ;
END

TABLE FILE CAR
HEADING
"DOC Test"

PRINT CAR MODEL BODYTYPE
BY    COUNTRY PAGE-BREAK

FOOTING BOTTOM
"<PageBreak"
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
 TYPE=TITLE, STYLE=BOLD, BACKCOLOR=YELLOW, COLOR=BLUE, $
 TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=CAR, COLOR=RED, $
 TYPE=HEADING, STYLE=BOLD, SIZE=14, COLOR=PURPLE, FONT=ARIAL, $
ENDSTYLE

ON TABLE HOLD AS H_DOC2 FORMAT EXL2K
END

-RUN

SET HTMLFORMTYPE = DOC

-HTMLFORM H_DOC2

I think you will find that other tools will support DOC format more completely than WebFOCUS. (Unless there are new features in newer versions)

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!