Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] File Download - Security Warning

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] File Download - Security Warning
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
We have an Internet based reporting app that our customers run from their respective sites. One client is having an issue opening a PDF report on ONE SPECIFIC PC. The user gets a "File Download - Security Warning" window with the following content -

Do you want to save this file?
Name : WFServlet
Type : Unknown File Type, 5.85KB
2 buttons - SAVE & Cancel

Again, this happens on only 1 of their PCs. There was a similar post previously from Francis-M regarding format TAB, and the suggestions were to change some settings. I am not sure if that is applicable in my case.

Please advise. TIA.
Sandeep Mamidenna

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS
WF.76-10 on (WS2003 + WebSphere) / EDA on z/OS + DB2 + MS-SQL
MRE, BID, Dev. Studio, Self-Service apps & a dash of fun !! Music

Posts: 218 | Location: Jackson, MS | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Do they have the option to 'don't show this message again'. Sounds as if the settings in IE if that is what is being used for the application. I just had to reset all my home options on pop ups, and saving/opening from MRE as all my settings were reset when I was having issues with communications at home and the tech rep cleared out everything.

I'm sure it is a browser setting though.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I am sure you are right about it being somekind of an IE setting Leah. The problem is that this PC is not accessible for me to compare my settings to it.

And from the screen shots sent to me, there is no "Do not ask me again" check box. Only has 2 buttons - Save & Cancel.

I was hoping someone on the forums would be able to point me to the appropriate settings.
Thank you so much for help Leah !!

Sandeep Mamidenna

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 218 | Location: Jackson, MS | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone think this could be also be caused by an inadequate Java version on that PC ? Could that cause issues in interpreting the WFServlet ?

Expert
posted Hide Post
Sandeep,
PC DUO might be a good investment for you, as you seem to have off site clients .. If its an acceptable option for your network folks, you'll be able to look at their screens, navigate around, and debug.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
The user needs to change the explorer file type settings for the type of documents being downloaded - there is info on this I previously posted somewhere.

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo

Posts: 888 | Location: Airstrip One | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your suggestions Ms. Susannah & hammo1j. I will try those suggestions too, but here is the response from IBI techsupport when I opened a case on this -

"Change permissions on Jakarta virtual directory in IIS to be 'scripts and executables'. "

I am still to try it out, but want to document this here just in case someone looks it up in the future. I will come back and post the results when done.

Sandeep Mamidenna

Master
posted Hide Post
Did you solve this issue?

I am also running in to this issue now. Please tell me, how you fixed it?

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Did a solution ever get posted for the File Download - Security Warning? I am experiencing the same problem and cannot resolve. Thanks in advance.

WebFOCUS 8.1.05/PMF 8.1.4,Tomcat,IIS,Windows/iseries,sql server 2008,Excel/ PDF/HTML

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcorp:
Did a solution ever get posted for the File Download - Security Warning? I am experiencing the same problem and cannot resolve. Thanks in advance.

Just had this same problem on a new PC with IE7. Solved the problem by Re-installing Adobe reader. I was pretty sure I had bad install and installing the latest Reader fixed the problem THe WFServlet in PDF opens seamlessly now.

Dev Studio 7.6.9, Server: Win2003 Advanced Server
WebFocus 7.6.9, Desktop: Windows XP SP2
Excel 2003 SP, IE 7.0, IBM iSeries 570 DB2, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.0

Posts: 5 | Location: Irving, TX | Registered: December 19, 2007Report This Post