Focal Point
heading repetition on every page in PDF

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/8541019331

November 11, 2005, 02:43 AM
Dharma
heading repetition on every page in PDF
My heading consists of 3 parts in that order.
-heading1
-heading2
-heading3
each heading part is some lines of information. now what I want is heading 2 must not get repeated on every page of the PDF output. I cant put heading2 in subhead (ON TABLE SUBHEAD) also since it will display heading2 above heading1 and also if I put heading1 and heading2 in subhead, then heading1 wont be repeated in every page. Iam putting some conditions in heading like:
HEADING
heading1
-IF TABPAGENO NE 1 GOTO SKIP
heading2
-SKIP
heading3

but still it displays heading2 in every page (TABPAGENO is increasing with every page). actually what i figured out is once heading part is compiled it just displays that in every page, it wont compile the heading again and again at the start of each page in PDF.
Can any one please help me? thanks
November 16, 2005, 11:05 AM
k.lane
You've indicated that Heading 2 is not repeated on every page? What about Heading 3? Is it fair to assume that there is a reason Heading 3 follows 2? Can Heading 2 and Heading 3 appear in the same subhead?

Also note that you don't need to use ON TABLE SUBHEAD with Heading 2? You can do this for any sort field you have set up or exists in the data.

Ken

Prod - WF 7.6.4 Unix/Solaris - Self-Service, BI Dashboard, MRE
Dev - WF 7.6.4 Unix/Solaris - Self-Service, BI Dashboard, MRE
Databases: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2000, DB2.
November 19, 2005, 05:23 PM
GCohen
This may help.
Use the ON TABLE HEADING PAGE-BREAK
"line1"
"line2"
"line3"
This appears in front of the entire report.
Then in the report only have..
HEADING
"line1"
"Line3"

Release 7.6.9
Windows
HTML
November 28, 2005, 11:08 PM
Dharma
hi all, thanks for the responses. the logic we used is similar to the one GeraldCohen has suggested.
ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"line 1"
"line 2"
"line 3"
HEADING
"line 1"
"line 3"

Now on first page all the 3 lines will be displayed and from second page onwards only line 1 and line 3 will be displayed. only problem here is the heading part (line 1 and 3) will be displayed in first page also apart from the tabheading. so we have squeezed the heading in first page like:
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=1, SIZE=1, $ WHEN TABPAGENO=1
TYPE=HEADING, LINE=2, SIZE=1, $ WHEN TABPAGENO=1

dharma
------------------
WF v 7.1.1
OS - Win XP
Output: PDF, EXL2K