Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] 8.1.05 Active Report Column Total and percentage Calc

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] 8.1.05 Active Report Column Total and percentage Calc
 Login/Join

posted
In an Active Report, I used column total to get a grand total count of my CNT.DST.DocNum. To get a percentage of the total counts, I created a percentage field with PCT.CNT.DocNum hoping that it would divide against the Grand total counts to generate the percentage. Firstly, I would assumed that displayed value will be used for calculation but with some thought I think it needs to be 'manipulated' to get the result. So, I tried adding PCT.CNT.DST.Docnum to get the distinct count for the percentage calculation but it error out. Any insight on what I am doing wrong with this would be greatly appreciated. I just want to calculate the CNT.DST.DocNum/PCT.CNT.DST.DocNum (in concept).... Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Please share your code (and what would be better is to reproduce your issue with a sample IB file).

I do suspect that you're not processing the calculation at the right level/manner.
May need DEFINE and/or COMPUTE and/or other features.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Since I am using Active Report /Dashboard mode. I basically let the GUI handles all the work (Column Total option). I didn't think I had to do DEFINE or COMPUTE in Active report/dashboard. However, I would love to see a sample of how you would calculate percentage field for a number of document grouped by a Division over the grand total counts. Since the DOC NUM is ALPHA field I can't really do SUM on it (therefore CNT.DST.DocNum) and I need the source to SUM it (I only know how to use InfoAssist and not good with the source). Also, I can't easily send the code from my work, sorry.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi LPD

On the Column Totals try using the recomputed instead of simple.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input. It was already set to Recomputed. However, under 'More Options' I tried to change the Prefix and the only option is 'Count' , there is no count distinct. I think this is where the problem lies. I do 'Count Distinct' on the row total but when come to summary of the Grand Total , no option exists for Count Distinct - therefore, the percentage calculation used Count and NOT Count Distinct to calculate. If you check he prefix, I think this is what's missing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LPD,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Martin, to reply to your question. I did a test Count for row total instead of 'Count Distinct', the percentage calculations came out correctly. So, I think the problem is in the Column total 'More Options', we can only select 'Count' and not 'Count Distinct' as it should be consistent with the row totals. I think it's a bug and hope it will be fixed in 8.2.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
LPD

You should open a case an report it. Then it will be on their radar if it is a bug.

Thanks

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post