Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Printable HTML Page

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Printable HTML Page
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have created an HTML page which combines about 10 different reports together on one screen with the goal of providing a one page report for the team. Unfortunately I am running into issues where when they try to print the report the formating is not holding and it is printing on multiple pages. Has anyone on here been able to figure out a way to build something that allows you to combine multiple different reports together onto a printable document?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

-Luke

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Web Focus 8105
Windows 7

Master
posted Hide Post
Ah, the age old question, which is such a pain...

Here is what I did, which may be right and may be wrong, but it works.

I created a print.fex that has an -INCLUDE for each of the reports, one right after another.

-HTMLFORM BEGIN

<head>
<style>
body {
    background-color: white;
}

p {
    font-family: "Times New Roman";
    font-size: 20px;
    text-align: center;
}
</style>
</head>
<body onload="javascript:window.print()">
-HTMLFORM END
-SET &WFFMT = 'HTML';
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Internal/by_state.fex
-SET &WFFMT = 'PDF';
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Internal/by_state_cnt_bg.fex
-SET &WFFMT = 'PDF';
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Internal/by_state_amt_bg.fex
-SET &WFFMT = 'HTML';
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Internal/delinquency_by_state.fex
-SET &WFFMT = 'PDF';
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Internal/delinquency_by_state_bg.fex
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
</body>
-HTMLFORM END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GavinL,

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Expert
posted Hide Post
Another option is to have a drill out to a fex that returns the reports in PDF format.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GavinL:
Ah, the age old question, which is such a pain...

Here is what I did, which may be right and may be wrong, but it works.

I created a print.fex that has an -INCLUDE for each of the reports, one right after another.

-HTMLFORM BEGIN

<head>
<style>
body {
    background-color: white;
}

p {
    font-family: "Times New Roman";
    font-size: 20px;
    text-align: center;
}
</style>
</head>
<body onload="javascript:window.print()">
-HTMLFORM END
-SET &WFFMT = 'HTML';
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Internal/by_state.fex
-SET &WFFMT = 'PDF';
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Internal/by_state_cnt_bg.fex
-SET &WFFMT = 'PDF';
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Internal/by_state_amt_bg.fex
-SET &WFFMT = 'HTML';
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Internal/delinquency_by_state.fex
-SET &WFFMT = 'PDF';
-INCLUDE IBFS:/WFC/Repository/Internal/delinquency_by_state_bg.fex
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
</body>
-HTMLFORM END

Thank you GavinL, this works with one caviot. Currently im my html form i have 2 instances of reports that are side by side in order to best utilize space. If needed i could rework the reports to join together as they will always be the same number of rows (they are top 2 lists so they will always be 2 records). That said if there is a way to handle that within the above code it would probably be easier to handle that way.

Thanks,

-Luke

Web Focus 8105
Windows 7

Master
posted Hide Post
Sure. You can create a new fex, that houses your other two fexes side by side within iframes. Then include this new fex in your report.

Example
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<BODY>
<IFRAME id=report1 src="/ibi_apps/rs/ibfs/WFC/Repository/Public/tests/aa.fex?IBIRS_action=run" style="OVERFLOW: auto; HEIGHT: 280px; WIDTH: 490px; POSITION: absolute; LEFT: 10px; Z-INDEX: 1; TOP: 20px" autoExecute="true" name="report1"></IFRAME>
<IFRAME id=report2 src="/ibi_apps/rs/ibfs/WFC/Repository/Public/tests/bb.fex?IBIRS_action=run" style="OVERFLOW: auto; HEIGHT: 282px; WIDTH: 492px; POSITION: absolute; LEFT: 540px; Z-INDEX: 2; TOP: 20px" autoExecute="true" name="report2"></IFRAME>
</BODY>
</HTML>
-HTMLFORM END

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Expert
posted Hide Post
In html , use a table construct
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
<HTML>
<TABLE>
<TR>
<TD>!IBI.FIL.MYREPORT1; </TD>
<TD>!IBI.FIL.MYREPORT2; </TD>
</TR>
<TR >
<TD COLSPAN=2>!IBI.FIL.MYREPORT3; <TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</HTML>
-HTMLFORM END

where each component is made by a fex
EG: table file car sum sales by country on table hold as myreport1 format htmtable
end
IN PDF, you'll do something a bit different.
its essentially a compound pdf, with some tricks.
I'll post an example for you tomorrow.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post