Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Site Profile Windows command - how to hide execution?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Site Profile Windows command - how to hide execution?
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Based on this article, Using Reg.exe to Offset Time Zones From a Windows-Based System, I have a windows command in my site profile that provides a timezone offset.

The command in question is
! REG QUERY ...
This command is visible when I view the source, even if I have &ECHO set to OFF. How would I suppress display of the execution of a ! command?

Since the command is a !, I can't search for in on Tech Support.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,
Exactly what do you have in your site.wfs file?
I've tried to do this under 764 webfocus, and I had to put the command in a fex and use the _site_profile in my site.wfs to include the fex to get it to work at all.
But, when it worked, nothing from this fex came up in my view source.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
The site profile I modified is:

Drive:\ibi\client53\wfc\etc\site.wfs

The line I added is:

_site_profile=-INCLUDE SITEPROF

siteprof.fex contains:

SQL SQLMSS SET CONVERSION LONGCHAR TEXT
SQL SQLMSS SET ERRORTYPE DBMS
-INCLUDE TIMEZONE

timezone.fex contains:

-*-- System call to write the registry value to a file
! REG QUERY HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\TIMEZONEINFORMATION /V ACTIVETIMEBIAS > TZ.TXT

-*-- Filedef the generated file so that it can be read by WebFOCUS
FILEDEF TZ DISK ./TZ.TXT (LRECL 80 RECFM V
-RUN

-*-- Loop through the file to find the line that contains the required value
-LOOP
-READ TZ &LINE.A80.
-TYPE &LINE
-IF &LINE OMITS 'ACTIVETIMEBIAS' GOTO LOOP;
-RUN

-*-- extract the value using GETTOK
-SET &HEX=GETTOK(&LINE, 128, -1, 'x', 10, 'A10');

-*-- Decode the hex value returned by Windows to a decimal value
-SET &OFFSET =DECODE &HEX(
- 'fffffd30' '-720', 'fffffd6c' '-660', 'fffffda8' '-600', 'fffffde4' '-540',
- 'fffffe20' '-480', 'fffffe5c' '-420', 'fffffe98' '-360', 'fffffed4' '-300',
- 'ffffff10' '-240', 'ffffff2e' '-210', 'ffffff4c' '-180', 'ffffff88' '-120',
- 'ffffffc4'  '-60', '0'           '0', '3c'         '60', '78'        '120',
- 'b4'        '180', 'd2'        '210', 'f0'        '240', '10e'       '270',
- '12c'       '300', '14a'       '330', '159'       '345', '168'       '360',
- '186'       '390', '1a4'       '420', '1e0'       '480', '21c'       '540',
- '23a'       '570', '258'       '600', '294'       '660', '2d0'       '720',
- '30c'       '780'  ELSE '0');

-*-- Set up the number of hours to offset GMT time
-SET &&OFFSETHOURS = -(&OFFSET / 60);
-*-- Set up the number of minutes to offset GMT time
-SET &&OFFSETMINS  = -(&OFFSET);

This is based on something I found in a tips and techniques posting.

It's the ! REG QUERY line that is displayed in all the fexes - none of the other stuff is displayed.

Thanks.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,

What would happen if you remove the -TYPE &LINE line from your timezone.fex file?

Hope this helps ...

GamP

in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
GamP!!!!

Silly me.

Thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!!

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
No problem. Glad to have been of help.

GamP

in Focus since 1988