Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     WF Maintain -- Menus appearing under date widgets instead of on top of date widgets

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
WF Maintain -- Menus appearing under date widgets instead of on top of date widgets
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
Hey -- first of all Kudos to the Maintain team on the new calendar widget feature in 7.7. I'm transitioning a BIG project onto 7.7 and this is going to make my life much easier.

But! I'm never satisfied. I have drop-down menus on my Maintain form and when they appear they appear under the calendar widget. I've toyed with the Layer attribute and the Z-Index on the date field (menu widget doesn't have Z-index) but I'm not seeing a change. Is it possible to get menus to paint over date widgets? They look clunky when they're on top.

J.

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
John

In the js the calendar z-index is set to 10000 and the menu z-index set to 5000, hence the overlay of the calendar icon over the menu.

These are fixed amounts, not changeable in the MDE.

It would be better if the menu z-index was higher than the calendar.

Temporarily this can be overcome by changing the js file iwcmenu.js in ibi_html\javaassist\ibi\html\maintain. Change the value of HM_ZIndex to, say, 15000. But maybe Mark can get this changed permanently as the menu should always be on top. (It is easier to change the menu than the calendar).

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hey Guys - The issue that I am seeing is, what if the icon is UNDER the first menu and therefore could not be seen at all? I can look into adding a zindex value for the menu item. The other thing you could do, is change the offset of where the calendar icon appears. This is found in the calendarinit.js file.

That may be another solution.

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
In this case the offset won't do the trick. It's one big-*** set of options in the menu.

The Z-Index option is ideal.

S.

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Ok Guys
If you add this code to your onload.js script:

function OnButton1_Click ( ) {
var imgtag = document.getElementsByTagName('img');
var i;
for(i=0;i {
if(imgtag[i].alt === "dynCalendar")
{
imgtag[i].style.zIndex = 4000;
}
}
}

The menu will drop down over the calendar object. It's on the Button1_Click in this example, because that's where I tested it. Give it a try!

Mark

Posts: 663 | Location: New York | Registered: May 08, 2003Report This Post