Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     How to pass _FOC_NULL as a parameter value to a drill down report

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How to pass _FOC_NULL as a parameter value to a drill down report
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi
I have a requirement of passing _FOC_NULL to the
drill down report from my main report. I have 2 parameters p1 and p2. doing the main report by p1 and where var2=p2.

This works fine. This is a bargraph. when I clicked on the bar for a p1 , p1 and its related p2 values should be passes as a parameter to the drill down report. here my p2 is ALL/_FOC_NULL most of the time. CAn any one help how to pass this value to my drill down report.

Thanks,

7.7.04M, Windows 7 , HTML, PDF,EXCEL

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
What is the value of p2 you get on the drilled report?

WF 7.7.02 on Windows 7
Teradata
HTML,PDF,EXCEL,AHTML

Posts: 165 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi

Thanks for the response. My P2 is passing as NULL('') value. So I am not getting any data in my report.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

You can compute a new field in the GRAPH request as a NOPRINT and set that value to _FOC_NULL when P2 is null. And pass this new field as a parameter to the drill down.

thanks
Sashanka

WF 7.7.03/Windows/HTML,PDF,EXL
POC/local Dev Studio 7.7.03 & 7.6.11

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

I tried compute variable like the following
compute p_wh/a60v= if '&p2' ne '_foc_null' then '&p2' else ;
In the else part i want to write the following sql code or
equivalent code in wf.

select p_wh from tab1 where p1='&p1'

because my p1 and p2 are related with each other. p1 is warehouse,
p2 is physical warehouse. for one p1 there may be more than one p2.

I am able to pass p1 correctly, because that is in the graph.
but my p2 is in the dashboard selection.

for ex

p1 p2
all all (represents _FOC_NULL)
1 1a,1b,1c
2 2a
3 3f,3g

main report is a graph report.

it shows bar chart for all (1 2 3).

from this main if choose 3 it should show me only details for 3f and 3g. But in my dashboard p2 is all. So
show it is showing again all values as in the main report, not considering p1.

Is there a way to implement this concept in web focus. Please help to solve this issue.

Thanks,

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

In that case all you need a WHERE on P1 in the drill down report's TABLE request...you need not worry about the P2 value being FOC_NONE/ALL..since the filter on P1 will give you only the required values.

thanks
Sashanka

WF 7.7.03/Windows/HTML,PDF,EXL
POC/local Dev Studio 7.7.03 & 7.6.11

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Shashank,

thanks for the reply. I do have a where condition with p1 in my drill down report. But it is bringing all the values or failing without any values. Not returning any
correct values. As I explained in my prev post if I choose 3 3f and 3g should be there. but it is displaying all the 6(1a,1b,1c,2a,3f,3g).

I don't know to attach files here otherwise I can attach my coding to explain better.
here is part of my coding
TABLE FILE V_PUR_INV_POS_Q1_DR1
PRINT
V_PUR_INV_POS_Q1_DR1.V_PUR_INV_POS_Q1_DR1.ITEM_NUMBER
V_PUR_INV_POS_Q1_DR1.V_PUR_INV_POS_Q1_DR1.ITEM_DESC
V_PUR_INV_POS_Q1_DR1.V_PUR_INV_POS_Q1_DR1.ITEM_STATUS
V_PUR_INV_POS_Q1_DR1.V_PUR_INV_POS_Q1_DR1.ONHAND_QTY
V_PUR_INV_POS_Q1_DR1.V_PUR_INV_POS_Q1_DR1.ONHAND_VAL
WHERE ORG_CODE EQ '&ORG_CODE';
WHERE WAREHOUSE EQ '&WAREHOUSE';
WHERE ITEM_CLASS EQ '&ITEM_CLASS';
WHERE ITEM_CATEGORY EQ '&ITEM_CATEGORY';