Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED]Report in a main domain and a kind of reference to that fex from a diff. dom.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Report in a main domain and a kind of reference to that fex from a diff. dom.
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
First I will explain that our BI organization has a domain per company. So we have a "general" main-domain which owns the fex sources. Then when a user, from a specific company, ask for a report from its domain , the fex used is a kind of reference to the "general" domain like: -HTMLFORM generalh/app/anycorpo.htm.

The problem I have is that the modifications that I entered into the main-fex are not recognized through the different domains-companies using the reference.

Why?

Who can give me a hand on this?

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Marikaki,

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

Posts: 96 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: January 20, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
"-HTMLFORM generalh/app/anycorpo.htm" references an html file, not a fex. Is "main-fex" a fex or an html file?

Are you in a multi-tier environment? In my experience, if it's a multi-tier environment, the html file must exist in MRE as well as in a reporting server app folder.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
You're right, the main is an html file in the general domain.

The reference is a fex in the company-domain.

I am sorry I don't even know what you call a multi-tier environnement... But I don't think so. FYI: We have a WebFOCUS Development and Production environment. The db2 adapter is connected to an AS400 plattform.

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

Posts: 96 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: January 20, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I personally would do this with APP paths, not in MRE.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We have 26 different Domains and maintain the Reports in Dev Studio as Waz is suggesting.

APP PATH sys_trackdb acccntrl_rarf

APP PATH sys_trackdb acccntrl_rarf  

-***Focexec to generate report located in Dev Studio
-mrnoedit BEGIN
 -INCLUDE contractor.fex
-mrnoedit END

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Salut Marikaki, I had not "seen" you around here in a while Smiler

Just as you reference all of your general pages using:
-HTMLFORM generalh/app/anycorpo.htm

Making references to centralized procedures in a similar fashion also works.
-INCLUDE generalh/app/anycorpo.fex

But you have to make sure to *always* attach the domain name in the reference to the file, otherwise MRE will first look for a similarly named file in the local domain and if that one exists it will take precedence.

I am more "reporting server-centric" and would always prefer to keep my base code using APP folders in the Reporting Server as Waz suggests (only there I can do stuff such as "-INCLUDE &myfex" which cannot be done in MRE, for instance Frowner ) but MRE-based environments are not uncommon and the approach you're taking should work.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Prarie. Just to let you know that I need to understand why my modifications impacted the report because it was running perfectly before. Then I will apply the change if needed. I will keep you all in touch.

Marikaki

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi njsden,

Yes it's true, I reappear! I am not only dedicated to BI at my work and the BI just start developping.

I like receiving explanations to understand WebFOCUS because I come from another world (i.e. AS400 plattform - db2)...

I will take care of your recommendation. Now I have to share my time with on another project. Please do not care if I come back to you later.

Smiler

Marikaki

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Finally I received tech support help to identify the issue that revealed more complicated. Work has to be done and the structure must be revisted to be appropriate.

Talk to you in a while.
Thanks to everyone involved.

Marikaki