Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Page numbering with coordinated compound PDF reports

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Page numbering with coordinated compound PDF reports
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
First of all, yes, I have already done a search for the topic on the forum. I found the exact same problem, but was unable to pick out a solution from the threads I found (maybe falling off a ladder last weekend has caused a disconnect in my brain!) Anyway, let me restate the problem and then throw out the questions.

I have been using compound documents for quite a while now, but have just been given a request for which I need to use the "coordinated report" functionality. Not having done this previously, I was unsure of syntax and went to the GUI for starters. I finished the report (by editing text), it all looked great, and at the very last, I noticed a small problem with the page numbering if the user choses a "Sort by Location" option. The report is layed out as follows:
Report 1 - Report Heading Page showing Company logo/address, report contents, parameters used, etc. - single report, always 1 page, no page number
Report 2 - Data Summary - single report, always 1 page with page number (starting at 2)
Report 3 - Data Analysis - 6 reports(3 down, two across) with data summarized 6 different ways, with page numbers (starting at 3), possible sort/page-break by location
Report 4 - Graphical Summary - single report, always 1 page with page number starting at last page of Report #3 + 1

If sort by location is not chosen, no problem. If it IS chosen, the Report3 causes page number on report 4 to be wrong. If there are 11 locations, I get Report 1=Page 1,Report2=Page2, Report3=page 3 to page 13, report4=page 69. It counts each of the 6 reports on Report3 times number of locations. I need Report4 to start on Page 14.

I am using &FOCNEXTPAGE and SET FOCFIRSTPAGE to carry my page numbers to subsequent reports.

Here are the questions:
1. It appears that there is a PAGE-MASTER option somewhere that might solve my problem. The post seems to indicate that it is available in 7.1.x, but I am unable to find it anywhere. Nor could I pick out specific code from individual posts to determine how it works. Is this available in 7.1.x or not until 7.6.x?

2. If there is someone who has successfully done what I need, could I see a code example from CAR (you can included individual fexes inline) so I can duplicate the technique for my report?

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Darin,

You want to do the page numbering in the page master. If the PDF Layout Painter was available in 7.1, then the page master should be available.

I have an example that uses centurysales and puts a report and graph on the same page burst on the high order sort field and it uses a page master.

How could I get this to you?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the response to my questions. I do have the PDF Layout Painter, but cannot find any "Add Page Master" option. Hmm. Anyway, hopefully I can use your example. Please email to dlee@wcfgroup.com. Thanks again.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I think the problem may be that the page-master functionality is not available until 7.6.x. I got the code that Ginny used, but I get the error (FOC3209) UNKNOWN KEYWORD IN STYLESHEET FILE AT LINE 8: TOC-LEVEL

I searched techsupport and the only references to TOC-LEVEL are in the 7.6 docs. And there is no "Add Page Master Layout" option in my DevSTudio. I did find a thread where someone who "listed" their version level as 7.1.5 got this working, but now I'm skeptical about that.

Anyone on a pre-7.6 version that has this working, please let me know.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991

Expert
posted Hide Post
Darin,

I did an 'Advanced Search' on page master and the only manual references that came up were 7.6.1. I think you are out of luck. Frowner

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post