Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved] Passing Parameters with WEBVIEWER ON not working

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved] Passing Parameters with WEBVIEWER ON not working
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi

With the WEBVIEWER ON - Parameter CAR doesnt get passed to test_fex_val.fex

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COUNTRY
CAR NOPRINT
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET WEBVIEWER ON
ON TABLE SET CACHELINES 50
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=COUNTRY, WRAP = 4.6, FOCEXEC=test_fex_val.fex(CAR = CAR COUNTRY = COUNTRY),$
ENDSTYLE
END

Any idea or alternatives. Please note: CAR Column needs to be hidden.

Thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kathleen Butler,

7.7, Windows, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
It works for me...

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
It gives me this on clicking on England

ENGLAND
ERROR(-1)

Thank you

7.7, Windows, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I used PCHOLD FORMAT HTML.
It seems to me that FORMAT AHTML and WEBVIEWER are not compatible, which is logical.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Is there a way out. I included these 2 lines to tune up the performance. The performance is better now. But i face this issue.

7.7, Windows, HTML

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry Gun, but Danny is right. WEBVIEWER and AHTML are pretty much mutually exclusive. YOu need to use one of the other.

WEBVIEWER preceeded AHTML by several years and was created to allow the first page of a long report to be sent to the user quickly as well as to provide realistic pagination in an HTML environment.

If you are going to offer the end user both oputput formats, I would use a something like:

-IF &WFFMT EQ 'AHTML' GOTO NOVIEW;
-NOVIEW;
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT &WFFMT

I hope this helps

Robert F. Bowley Jr.
Owner
TaRa Solutions, LLC

In WebFOCUS since 2001

Posts: 132 | Location: Gadsden, Al | Registered: July 22, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want to create paging with AHTML format you should be using the paging feature associated with AHTML, which is LINES-PER-PAGE in the stylesheet.

Example:
TYPE=REPORT,
LINES-PER-PAGE=20,
ARGRAPHENGINE=FUSION,
$

WebFOCUS 8.1.0.5m

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
My Concern was CAR Value not getting passed. Solved it by hiding the car column in the stylesheet.

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
COUNTRY
CAR
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT AHTML
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=COUNTRY, WRAP = 4.6, FOCEXEC=test_fex_val.fex(CAR = CAR COUNTRY = COUNTRY),$
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=CAR, HIDE=ON,$
ENDSTYLE
END

Thank you all

7.7, Windows, HTML

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
There is a significant improvement in performance, even if they were not compatible. Thank you

7.7, Windows, HTML

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Turning WEBVIEWER ON in an AHTML request activates "active cache" as they are based on the same technology. You won't get the webviewer, but the rows in excess of what is stated by CACHELINES will remain on the server.

This makes it possible to have an active report that has 100,000 lines without causing significant issues with the web browser. However, you can not just save the HTML report and use it offline afterwards.

Windows: WF 7.6.2: SQL Server 2008 R2

Posts: 86 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 03, 2007Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Gizmo

7.7, Windows, HTML