Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
What is this?
 Login/Join

<Kalyan>
posted
"(FOC35804) BAD STATUS CODE (-12) RECEIVED FROM SERVER TEST
(FOC35862) EDA STATUS (-12): ERROR RECEIVING DATA FROM SERVER
(INTERNAL001) ngget received remote disconnect
(FOC35804) BAD STATUS CODE (-13) RECEIVED FROM SERVER TEST
(FOC35863) EDA STATUS (-13): INVALID OPERATION
(INTERNAL001) ngget received remote disconnect
(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -12 (HEX: FFFFFFF4)
"

In my report I try to run a native sql using REMOTE BEGIN
SQL SQLDBC
----
END
REMOTE END

I know for sure that the sql is fine as I am able to test the results independently without WebFOCUS

But when I run the query through WebFOCUS it collapses. The query involves about 6 left outerjoins. Could this be a problem?

I am also forced to do no of group by's Is there a limitation on this?

Thanks in advance
Kalyan

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you search Tech Support for "(FOC35804) BAD STATUS CODE (-12) RECEIVED FROM SERVER", you'll find a "Known Problem" with similar symptoms.

The doc - http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/known_problems/91811009.html - seems to deal with a hub-sub-sub arrangement: the original fex on the local WF server makes a remote call, and the remote WF server turns to another remote WF server to get at the SQL data. Does that resemble your situation?

I'd open a case with Support.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
BAD STATUS CODE -9 means it can't get to the server; I'll get that when EDA is down on my remote box.
BAD STATUS CODE -12 is data related. I'll get that if files are temp. unavailable, or it a masterfile and access file have vanished...or (heavenforbid) if i never made them.
That's not the only reason, but its always related to data.; So you may be right, there. Can you try your joins incrementally?

BAD STATUS CODE -13 is a new one to me, which is guess is a good thing. Smiler

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
-9 generally means the remote WF reporting server wasn't reachable. (It's down, or your local server's connection information is incorrect)

-12 = lost contact with remote server. (Your local server is reporting that a connection was made and then dropped. Typically, it means the assigned remote agent died somewhere in the midst of the REMOTE request.)

-13 = "command out of sequence". (Here, just fallout from the -12: the original context went up in smoke with the -12, but your local server kept talking as if nothing happened; the remote server rejected the next gambit, saying: that's not how to begin the conversation.)

So: Ignore the -13, and try to isolate the cause of the -12.

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post