Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Max number of reports in report library?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Max number of reports in report library?
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of reports that can be stored in the Report Library? I ran a burst report, using an access list, and wrote 2 reports to the library for 2 specific users. What I didn't realize was that the other 15000 burst values (not specified in my access list) were also written to MY report library, because I was the one running the report. Lesson learned: make sure you have a filter on anything you want to burst to the report library, as the access list won't do it. Anyway, after those 15,000 reports were sent to the library, library manager hangs, and I can't get in to delete them. I'm in the process of manually deleting them from the SQL server repository. It concerns me that 15000 seems to be too many.

Posts: 44 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: September 17, 2004Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing this. Question have you opened a case with IBI Support.

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I opened a case. They were able to give me instructions for manually removing the records from the database. I should point out that their recommendation was not to manually remove the records, but I saw no other way, since I couldn't use Library Manager. I'm waiting for a response from them. It is my hope that someone in the Focal Point will tell me that they have tens of thousands of reports, and are experiencing no difficulty. Thanks.

Posts: 44 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: September 17, 2004Report This Post